PDA

View Full Version : Error Recieved While Backing Up Blackberry On Desktop Manager

gfunky
08-19-2006, 10:20 AM
i keep getting a "data not recognized" error message while backing up data, please see attachment..

questions

1. how may i go about fixing this
2. are the backups im doing even going to work
(side note, once i hit ok on the error message it does let me finish the rest of the backup)

im on a nextel 7520, no bes.

NJBlackBerry
08-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Several other threads on this one - I haven't had the problem but I saw a bunch of threads when I searched the forums.

I believe the problem is with Google Local Maps. Not sure if you have that installed.

I would make sure you have both the latest version of Google Local Maps and the latest version of the RIM Desktop Manager.

Good luck.

gfunky
08-20-2006, 05:20 PM
yea i do have google maps.. ill look into getting the latest desktop software as well.. thanks njblackberry.

roafamily
08-21-2006, 05:48 PM
The recommended procedure is to copy these two files on your workstation, and run them locally. If you do not have the needed permissions to install applications on your computer, please contact your Local Administrator for assistance, or let me know, and I'll be glad to assist on the installation.

Install first the "DesktopManager.exe", you need to close any Blackberry related software that might be running, then start the installation by double clicking on the DestopManager.exe and follow the on screen instructions.

Install Next the "OS7250.exe" you need to close any Blackberry related software that might be running (Desktop Manager), then start the installation by double clicking on the OS7250.exe and follow the on screen instructions again.

Once the above has been completed, launch the Desktop Manager program recently installed on your workstation, attach your Blackberry 7250 to the USB cable or cradle, and follow the upgrade instructions. This process can take up to one hour, so you are encouraged to schedule this at a convenient time.

NJBlackBerry
08-21-2006, 06:11 PM
roafamily - what are you talking about?

lhuff
08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Check the number of RMS databases on the handheld and the latest backup. If the handheld has one more than the desktop, delete the databases and restore the desktop RMS databases, You can doo all of that through Backup, Restore from the Desktop using the Backup, Restore and Advanced buttons.