PDA

View Full Version : direct connect alert tone disapeared?!?

aggravation
08-20-2006, 09:38 PM
I was in the Profiles menu trying to assign a different tone for messages than the classic phone ring tone I use for the telephone so I'd know if I was recieving email or a phone call...
Well now when I get a direct connect alert it doesn't have that famous nextel beep sound. I need that tone because all the other lousy sounding tones on the phone are not loud enough for me to hear in the noisy enviroments I often work in!
I changed the settings back to where they were but the direct connect tone is still changed to one of the cheesey tones in the list.

does anyone know how to get the default original sounding nextel beep alert back on my 7100i?
Many thanks!!

juwaack68
08-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I don't think you can set the actual beep sound for when someone 2-ways you. Under profiles you set the DC/GC to Tone, Vibrate + Tone, Vibrate, or none. There is no option to select the actual tone.

For a DC ALERT, you can set the sound you want it to make, but this is different then the normal 'chirp' you hear when you're actually talking to someone back and forth.

If your 'chirp' isn't working, I'd recommend removing both your battery and SIM for 30 seconds and then trying it again.

balibe
08-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't think you can set the actual beep sound for when someone 2-ways you. Under profiles you set the DC/GC to Tone, Vibrate + Tone, Vibrate, or none. There is no option to select the actual tone.

For a DC ALERT, you can set the sound you want it to make, but this is different then the normal 'chirp' you hear when you're actually talking to someone back and forth.

If your 'chirp' isn't working, I'd recommend removing both your battery and SIM for 30 seconds and then trying it again.
Correct, you cannot change the DC tone ... only the DC Alert tone. Hopefully rebooting the BB will help your problem. If not, review the settings in profiles carefully to see any possible issues.

Polo_KA
08-23-2006, 12:17 PM
I was in the Profiles menu trying to assign a different tone for messages than the classic phone ring tone I use for the telephone so I'd know if I was recieving email or a phone call...
Well now when I get a direct connect alert it doesn't have that famous nextel beep sound. I need that tone because all the other lousy sounding tones on the phone are not loud enough for me to hear in the noisy enviroments I often work in!
I changed the settings back to where they were but the direct connect tone is still changed to one of the cheesey tones in the list.

does anyone know how to get the default original sounding nextel beep alert back on my 7100i?
Many thanks!!

I have been asking that same question about the origional call alert tone. I even called nextel bb support and thay said that it never came with the phone so I just have to use what they had there. I know it isnt a big deal but its a trademark of what makes nextel great. If anyone knows how to get it please inform me.