PDA

View Full Version : Deleted email inconsistent, not in Trash

stevenmcohn
08-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Searched for similar threads but nothing exact. Please provide reference is there is already an answer.

I have an 8700c using BES connecting to our corporate Notes server. When I delete e-mail from my BB, it disappears, seemingly never reaching the Trash folder. I don't see it from the Notes client either.

However, I do see it if I look in the Web-based i-Notes client. I have noticed in that the i-Notes client and the Windows Notes client appear to use different Trash folders or at least different views of trash.

Does the BES interface with the Notes server the same way the i-Notes client does? And why can't I find and restore e-mail deleted from my BB using my BB?

Thanks.

yoda028
08-22-2006, 01:31 AM
from my experience it could be a couple of things:
1) you may have to talk to you IT dept and see if there is an issue going on with the system reconizing your bb
2) but in your email options you can set it up so that you delete from both your handheld device and your inbox under consolidate in the email settings

but the restore part.... hmmmm i dont think so unless there another type of email program that you could DL

i hope this helps