PDA

View Full Version : Uncaught Exception

imccoy
08-21-2006, 02:56 PM
I have a user that is having a couple of problems with his 8700c BB. He is getting an 'Uncaught exception process net_rim_bb_messaging_app(100) killed due to message queue overflow' error when trying to do anything with email. And an 'uncaught exception java lang error' every time he pulls the battery to reset it.

It seems the solutions in other threads deal with 3rd party programs and he hasn't loaded any. He's needing a solution ASAP because the unit is useless. Any help is greatly appreciated.

drgoodtymes
08-21-2006, 03:40 PM
If he doesn't have any 3rd party apps installed, you might see how many emails he has stored on the device.

As a last resort, wipe the handheld clean and reload the OS

imccoy
08-21-2006, 04:41 PM
How do we remove messages from the BB without deleting them from our Exchange server? I know there's a setting to Delete only on HH, but then they have to go back and delete them a again when they return to the office. Is there a way to remove them from the HH that doesn't flag them as deleted and deletes them from the server when they sync?

Thanks!

drgoodtymes
08-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Are you using BIS or BES

imccoy
08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Bes 4.1

yoda028
08-22-2006, 01:12 AM
on the bb there is an option in the email setting that is i believe under consolidate which allows you to either select:
1) delete from both handheld & outlook(email inbox)
2) or just from the handheld

i have mine setup where i just delete from my handheld but have the copies still in my email which is the microsft exchange program but thats just me

dan40
08-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Yoda, that has nothing to do with this particular error, which we are also afflicted with.

There has to be another solution.

- Java Exception error
- BES 4.1 server
- Blackberry 8700r and (so far 7250)
- Rebuilt each unit, still happening, even exchanged one for another

We have 3 units this has occurred on and we don't know how to fix it and we are not getting much help from our service provider.

Any other solutions would be helpful.

NJBlackBerry
08-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Dan40 - do you have any third party applications installed?

yoda028
08-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Yoda, that has nothing to do with this particular error, which we are also afflicted with.

There has to be another solution.

- Java Exception error
- BES 4.1 server
- Blackberry 8700r and (so far 7250)
- Rebuilt each unit, still happening, even exchanged one for another

We have 3 units this has occurred on and we don't know how to fix it and we are not getting much help from our service provider.

Any other solutions would be helpful.

funny cause ive only seen that happen with the 6290's and the 7290s

Gunny_Tx
08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Is he using BB Today? I get the error sometimes, but only if BB today was running.

dropscience
12-05-2006, 09:44 AM
I got the same error and apparently it can be solved through the following steps.

Options, Security Options, Disable Content Protection and Content Compression.

Reboot the unit. Register again through Host Routing Table to re-push down carrier based services.

Error should be gone. This was the suggestion given to me through Support and it worked.

Tadly
12-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Content Protection will break the browser and cause uncaught exceptions if your BlackBerry is attempting to download a custom browser icon. It looks like a fix was just released a few days ago. See RIM's KB05488. I haven't tried installing the fix yet.