PDA

View Full Version : question for sports fans w/ 8700g

shaun944
08-21-2006, 03:25 PM
I just got my T-mo 8700g and am still learning the ropes....does anyone know a good site that is actually readable on the 8700g to view sports scores AND individual stats (for fantasy football of course :smile: )?

The ESPN site gives data but the formatting is so horrible its unreadable, and Yahoo sports doesn't seem to allow you to link to individual game logs, only displaying the scores but not stats. I've tried cbs sportsline, but there are so many ads and stuff that load its hard to navigate through.

Its also very possible my browser isn't configured properly yet since I just got the phone last week. I don't know if installing opera mini would improve the situation?

thanks for any help,

-shaun

NJBlackBerry
08-21-2006, 03:32 PM
I use the ESPN WAP site at wap.espn.com, but I don't think it has all of the detailed stats you'll need.

shaun944
08-21-2006, 06:27 PM
is there any way to move this post to the main BB group, I just realized that just because I'm on an 8700 doesn't preclude other non87xx BB owners from knowing the "good" BB friendly websites.

NJBlackBerry
08-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Moved...

wkoning9
08-22-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm also looking for a good way to keep up with my fantasy football team on my blackberry. My league is with Yahoo. Ideally it would be great to somehow be able to have only my players stats 'pushed' to me following their games. Looks like Sportsline.com is setup for this with BB but I don't see anything like this offered with Yahoo. Any ideas or help would be great.