PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Modem

RBussey
08-22-2006, 08:06 AM
Can you attach the :bb: 7105t to a laptop and use it as a wireless modem? I have, in the past, been able to use other phones, and my psp, as a wireless modem w/ my Palm Zire. If you know how to do this will you please let me know?

snowskier79
08-22-2006, 08:43 AM
RBussey -
First off welcome to the forums as I see this is your first post.

Always utilize the search button as many topics have been discussed in great detail (and sometimes over discussed). Using the BB as a modem is one of these topics. Here is a link that will get you started:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-guides/2019-user-howto-use-blackberry-modem-laptop.html

Once again welcome!

RBussey
08-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Thank you. You know what? I couldn't, for some reason, find that search button and I was not about to try to read all 83k posts.... then AFTER I started a new thread I found the search button.... What a dork I can be sometimes.:razz: I have question for you though .... what is that PIM????? down at the bottom of your reply?

BBAdmin
08-22-2006, 09:04 AM
PIN is an individual number associated to each device. If you go to compose an email you will see Compose PIN as an option. It's a device peer to peer system to send messages directly to handhelds.

Now you've found your way around the site a bit (i.e Search facility) I'm going to close this thread now. Welcome to the forums RBussey by the way, you can into yourself in the New Members section!