PDA

View Full Version : Excel Word

brewgod23
08-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Is there a version of Excel and Word for the BB? If so where can I get it?

Nickster248
08-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Is there a version of Excel and Word for the BB? If so where can I get it?
I have come to the conclusion that there is no working version of Word or Excel for our BB's...at least nothing that compares to say "Documents to Go" for the Palm OS. The lack of MS Office applications was one of the strange things I found when I started with the BB...the fact that it was almost impossible to work on a document or spreadsheet. Then again, I now do not believe the BB was designed for that purpose, as are some of the Palm Handhelds and PPC's.

NJBlackBerry
08-22-2006, 05:30 PM
eOffice; pricey. I don't use it since that's not what I need...

DynoPlex,Inc. is a leading developer of wireless document management solutions for handheld devices and enterprise grade productivity applications for RIM Blackberry. (http://www.dynoplex.com)

Nickster248
08-22-2006, 05:47 PM
eOffice; pricey. I don't use it since that's not what I need...

To be honest with you, when I had my Palm and PPC, although I carried many documents with me, I never really wanted to work on large spreadsheets or complex word documents on such small screens. However, I did use Word every once in a while, and it would appear that eWord would offer that kind of convenience. Like you said, it's pricey...as are most MS Office app's for the BB.

If there was one wish for a killer app, I would vote for a much improved PocketDay...because my primary use of my BB is personal information management.

Thanks for the feedback. I will give eWord another look... or even the basic eOffice Suite.

Nick