PDA

View Full Version : Complete Wipe/Reset on the 7130e for Verizon

LordGop
08-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Well I love my BB 7130e but I got a Moto Q not so I am selling my BB.

How do I completely wipe it to a new out of the box factory state. I tired installing the new firmware but that didn't get rid of the apps I have put on it. I heard on another thread to re-install the OS, but where do I get that?

Thanks guys.

MrKyoo
08-22-2006, 08:01 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/1871-blackberryos-4-x-download-faq-upgrade-downloads.html

~MrKyoo

Digital Oxygen
08-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Why would you want a Q? I just switched from one. Clunky, slow, (even with all the registry hacks), and about as user intuitive as a rock.

I hope you don't plan of lots of messaging back and forth. It doesn't thread messages.

LordGop
08-22-2006, 08:54 PM
download page
~MrKyoo

Thats the one I just installed. The one for the 7130e only. It reset everything nicely but still had google maps and a game installed on there. It didn't remove those programs so it has me worried it didn't get everything

LordGop
08-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Why would you want a Q? I just switched from one. Clunky, slow, (even with all the registry hacks), and about as user intuitive as a rock.

I hope you don't plan of lots of messaging back and forth. It doesn't thread messages.

Slow, yes totally agree with you there. Also for getting things done like finding a place and calling then awful vs the BB. But I really can't bet the slim design since I put it in my pocket or jacket pocket alot.