PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating options

gagliano3
08-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Hola!

I just ditched Sidekick 2 (tried Sidekick 3) for TMO 8700g, I've had 8700g for over a week and I love it!! :smile:

Since I was Sidekick user...you'll have to understand my need....

Sidekick settings:

AIM (new messages, or repeating messages): sets vibrating to 4 rapid vibrating.
E-Mails (new messages): sets vibrating to 3 long vibrating.

I have now Yak-On AIM software and TMO's BIS email (including yahoo plus pop)

Is there anyway to set my AIM messages with 4 rapid vibations and new emails set as 3 vibrations?

Thank you,
Thomas[/B][/B]

flash24
08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
first of all.. welcome to the addiction second.. i don't think you can set how many vibrate you can do.. i mean you can set it to vibrate or tone or both but I don't think you can select how many vibrations you want.

gagliano3
08-23-2006, 09:17 PM
first of all.. welcome to the addiction second.. i don't think you can set how many vibrate you can do.. i mean you can set it to vibrate or tone or both but I don't think you can select how many vibrations you want.

Thanks Flash!

Its just that with sidekick, I knew which is reaching me (4 rapid vibrates means AIM while 3 slow vibrates for e-mails) rather than feeling the same vibrating options...I have to check my BB to see which one.

Is there such 3rd party software for vibrating options?

Thanks & G'night
Thomas

flash24
08-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Thanks Flash!

Its just that with sidekick, I knew which is reaching me (4 rapid vibrates means AIM while 3 slow vibrates for e-mails) rather than feeling the same vibrating options...I have to check my BB to see which one.

Is there such 3rd party software for vibrating options?

Thanks & G'night
Thomas

your welcome :D, as of now I don't know if there is any app you can download to configure the vibrating options. But, keep visiting this cool website.. maybe in the future there will be one. Latez!

gagliano3
08-24-2006, 03:52 PM
your welcome :D, as of now I don't know if there is any app you can download to configure the vibrating options. But, keep visiting this cool website.. maybe in the future there will be one. Latez!

Yeah, I agree this is really cool website! thanks again!

Cheers!
Thomas

HofstraJet
08-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Go to Profiles and edit a profile and you can select how many vibrates you want for AOL IMs and how many you want for messages. :)

thatboiwes
08-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

It will be under "Number of Beeps." Changing that number will change how many times your phone will ring and/or vibrate.

titetanium
08-26-2006, 12:04 PM
The maximum nbr is 3 so you'll have to work with 1, 2 or 3 respectively.