PDA

View Full Version : BB Providers / Plans

hoedepot
08-24-2006, 02:46 PM
hi every one, iam new here first off i want to say this forum rocks.

i live in Canada but want to hook up my BB in the USA (robbers sucks) i have family that lives there so it can be done. i would like to know some info on what GSM provider and plan i should be on Data only dont need voice service..
i want unlimited email & web.
also something with low ROM fees or unlinited international web & email.

thanks for any info u have for me.

trigga15
08-24-2006, 02:59 PM
cingular would probably be the best for international rates im not exactly sure...check the website out either them or tmobile

Figment
08-24-2006, 03:43 PM
With T-Mobile:

Get the Blackberry Unlimited Plan for $29.99 no minutes unlimited email and web browsing along with tcp. (For the U.S)

Next you add the blackberry unlimited international email for $19.99 and you will get your email for sure, now this part is debatable, some say it includes unlimited web browsing, others say it doesn't and both partys say they have bills for proof. I wish I knew for sure but my theory is that it is country specific when you get charged extra for data. Along with that I beleive Canada would be one of the countrys that you would not be charged extra for because the countrys I have heard of them charging for are places like Islands; one person I remember was on a cruise and they were charged whereas people in Europe (Germany, France, etc) were not charged when roaming.

Now I may be wrong about the browsing being with it so don't hold me to it, I'm just trying to help you get in a direction, it's your job to research this more in depth or conduct a trial. I beleive they charge $15 for 1mb while roaming so you can look at it that way too.

rambo47
08-24-2006, 06:26 PM
T-Mobile comes out the cheapest of U.S. carriers for data plans. But coverage is key so check out who has the best coverage in your area. A great plan with no signal is not a bargain.

NJBlackBerry
08-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Rogers is the roaming partner with T-Mobile in Canada.

What Figment proposes should work - assuming there isn't some loophole and you end up getting killed by roaming charges.

hoedepot
08-25-2006, 11:53 PM
thanks for the info i went with t-mobile should have the BB here in canada by friday. hopfuly no extra ROM fees..

fr0zen
08-26-2006, 02:26 PM
how did u go with t-mobile? i mean, dont you have to live in USA?

hoedepot
08-27-2006, 02:29 AM
how did u go with t-mobile? i mean, dont you have to live in USA?
i have family that lives in the US. but i dont think tmobile cares u can say your just going to school in the US set email billing and pay via internet..

fr0zen
08-27-2006, 05:24 AM
i have family that lives in the US. but i dont think tmobile cares u can say your just going to school in the US set email billing and pay via internet..

sweet! so its costing you $50 USD a month for unlimited data? if this is true, i might actually go with this. Rogers is a rip off!

Figment
08-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Anothing thing for you hoedepot, be sure to get signed up for the My T-Mobile website there you can track your data usage each day (usually updates at least once a day) and check to see if they're charging you overages. I hope everything works out well!

hoedepot
08-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Anothing thing for you hoedepot, be sure to get signed up for the My T-Mobile website there you can track your data usage each day (usually updates at least once a day) and check to see if they're charging you overages. I hope everything works out well!
thanks for the info now i just need to get a dual SIM.

and as to rogers rip off thats why iam trying the tmobile ill keep u guys posted

hoedepot
09-02-2006, 05:09 AM
ok got the tmobile here in canada now
has edge not getting billed any extra fees sofar so good

titetanium
09-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Actually, you don't need to go to the My T-Mobile site to track your data usage. You can do this right from your phone, just go to t-zones>my account>current activity and you will see how many calls forwarded, minutes, & texts that you used so far. Data isn't tracked as that is unlimited (assuming you got the unlimited plans).
So if it's working out for you so far hoedepot, then you've got it made.