PDA

View Full Version : Sync with SyncML

SuperTully
08-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Question:

I see that there are several clients that allow you to sync with a SyncML server via your wireless service, but what I am looking for is a client that can run on my desktop that will sync with the SyncML server and then I would plug in the Blackberry to my desktop and have it sync through the client to the SyncML.

I just don't want to activate the internet service just for this. Does anyone know of a desktop client that can do this? Thanks.

WNO
08-25-2006, 04:28 AM
I think the place to start would be to look at your options for syncing to the desktop. The desktop mgr lets you sync your BB calendar with Outlook, certain Lotus products, and Groupwise. If you have one of these PIMs, then you can look to various connectors or utilities to sync the desktop with the SyncML server.

But if you're not synching over the air, I'm kind of wondering why you would be exploring SyncML as opposed to some other solution...

SuperTully
08-25-2006, 08:04 AM
I think the place to start would be to look at your options for syncing to the desktop. The desktop mgr lets you sync your BB calendar with Outlook, certain Lotus products, and Groupwise. If you have one of these PIMs, then you can look to various connectors or utilities to sync the desktop with the SyncML server.

But if you're not synching over the air, I'm kind of wondering why you would be exploring SyncML as opposed to some other solution...

Well, the problem is that the desktop software that came with the phone does not sync right with Outlook because we are using MDaemon, not exchange and Outlook uses the Outlook Connector and when the software tries to connect it can't see any of the folders in Outlook. The mail server has a built-in SyncML server however and I would like to utilize that if possible without having to over the wireless.