PDA

View Full Version : How to separate Voicemail and Email

plvasco
08-24-2006, 04:51 PM
I noticed that my email and voicemail all go same place, messages. I would like to separate vm and email, Is that possible?

NJBlackBerry
08-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Welcome to BBForums!

Sorry - it's all messages; voice, e-mail, SMS, PIN. Some newer themes have specific folders for SMS, but I don't believe you can separate email and voice messages. All in one.

Bobb
08-24-2006, 05:40 PM
I noticed that my email and voicemail all go same place, messages. I would like to separate vm and email, Is that possible?

You don't say which OS you're using, but I found an interesting change when I recently upgrading to OS v4.1.0.309. Using the device's original OS, I experienced the same thing you describe. Once I upgraded the OS, two new folder icons appeared on my homescreen. One was dedicated to my "pushed" e-mail address from my ISP, and the other to my BB/T-Mobile e-mail address. Neither of those folders show any voicemail messages...they only show e-mails! VM messages are now shown only in the "mailbox" icon that was originally on the homescreen.

If you haven't done so, upgrade to the latest OS. That may accomplish what you desire.

NJBlackBerry
08-24-2006, 06:11 PM
And all of them still appear in the Messages folder.

zerog2k
08-24-2006, 08:20 PM
try Zen Theme... you will need latest OS 4.1.x

I like the theme, unfortunately it runs REALLY slow on my 7105t...

SikPup65
08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
with the 7100i I can go into the call log, on the drop down menu choose options and go into call logging, there you can choose what shows up in the message list (i chose none so no phone calls go there, only mail)

Spamdumpster
08-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Vodafone today theme separate's voicemail, emails, and sms. AFAIC, it's the best theme out there.