PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question how to Reply to voice mail message

gomirage
08-24-2006, 10:44 PM
A friend called me and left a message without leaving his number. And the voice mail option doesnt give a way to respond to the message. Can anyone help me ? I know the option is there but I cant figure it out.

Crupp
08-25-2006, 07:15 AM
If you are just looking to call him back his number would show up as missed call in your phone logs. If this is what you mean

gomirage
08-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Yes, but I cleared my message log.

Plinkerton
08-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Well. Stop doing that... :)

TylerBoneZJoneZ
08-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Is there a way to find out who called you when they leave you a voicemail? Like what number they called from? Because sometimes when I miss a call because I don't have service then the number won't show up as a missed called cuz you dont have service. By the way I have Nextel service.

Digital Oxygen
08-25-2006, 03:41 PM
The only way I've been able to find how to do that with Verizon (I know, you have nextel, but it may be similar software), is to save the message, and then when its' time to expire comes (IIRC, verizon is 3 weeks...?), play the message. Miraculously, the voicemail software will tell you the phone number.

I called Verizon and asked them why it doesn't do it when you frst play the message. The uber trained call center monkey (No offense to CSR people here) tells me that verizon doesn't save the caller ID number on voicemails. I tolld her that either she was not as well trained as she thought she was, or that she was full of it. I then told her how the VM system will tell you the number when you save the message and it comes time for its' expiration. The lady tells me "No it doesn't sir". I told her she's a brainless twat, and hung up on her.

TylerBoneZJoneZ
08-25-2006, 05:19 PM
The only way I've been able to find how to do that with Verizon (I know, you have nextel, but it may be similar software), is to save the message, and then when its' time to expire comes (IIRC, verizon is 3 weeks...?), play the message. Miraculously, the voicemail software will tell you the phone number.

I called Verizon and asked them why it doesn't do it when you frst play the message. The uber trained call center monkey (No offense to CSR people here) tells me that verizon doesn't save the caller ID number on voicemails. I tolld her that either she was not as well trained as she thought she was, or that she was full of it. I then told her how the VM system will tell you the number when you save the message and it comes time for its' expiration. The lady tells me "No it doesn't sir". I told her she's a brainless twat, and hung up on her.

LMAO!!

Liv
08-25-2006, 06:09 PM

Awww...that wasn't very nice of you!

I have run into the same issue with some of my phones. Sometimes you have to go through all of the options to find where it will tell you.

gomirage
08-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Well. Stop doing that... :)

Well I didnt know. Because with all my previous phone there was an option to reply.

I also to have the call log cleared because I dont like to navigate to find messages

adamlau
08-26-2006, 03:36 AM
Check your online carrier bill.

SikPup65
08-27-2006, 03:39 PM
ithink you can hit the "shift" key and then the 7 key when you are in the phone log...this is the shortcut to "show" voicemail

noeffectx
08-28-2006, 11:52 AM
on T-Mo, while listening to a voicemail you can hit 8 to call that number back.
i'm sure other carriers have some sorth of voicemail features like Tmo.