PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for 8700c

Garland417
08-25-2006, 05:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone would know of a cell phone insurance co. that would insure my 8700 for damage, theft etc... It is to my understanding that Cingular does not insure these phones. Any advice would be appreciated.

lmlloyd
08-25-2006, 05:39 AM
I know T-Mobile offers insurance on them, because they kept trying to push it on me when I upgraded to one. I don't know which insurance provider T-Mobile uses, but I'm sure you could find out with some poking around on the web, and probably get it insured through them.

paulmac
08-25-2006, 06:33 AM
I was wondering if anyone would know of a cell phone insurance co. that would insure my 8700 for damage, theft etc... It is to my understanding that Cingular does not insure these phones. Any advice would be appreciated.

Are you sure Cingular does not offer it? Every phone I ever bought from Cingular they tried to sell me insurance on them. Also found this on thier web pages Equipment Protection Programs for Cell Phones and Accessories - Cingular Wireless (http://www.cingular.com/media/wireless_phone_insurance)

nb_mitch
08-25-2006, 08:25 AM
My 8700c was insured and I used it today :) When I called, she said that it was not covered, but they would do a "one-time" replacement since I was sold the insurance and that I needed to call and have them remove the insurance from my plan since it couldn't be used again. There was a $50 deductible, but that is better to buying a new device.

option94
08-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

The 8700 is uninsureable through cingular, as are most of their high end devices. You can add your phone to your homeowners policy, but your deductible may be to high to warrent it.

option94
08-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

My 8700c was insured and I used it today :) When I called, she said that it was not covered, but they would do a "one-time" replacement since I was sold the insurance and that I needed to call and have them remove the insurance from my plan since it couldn't be used again. There was a $50 deductible, but that is better to buying a new device.

I was going to pm him with that info, but since its already out here, as long as you have insurance on your account, you can get a reacement, but only once.