PDA

View Full Version : Looking at getting BB service.

GDM
08-25-2006, 07:05 AM
I am with cingular and just started a new job. What's the difference between the 8700g and 8700c?

Looks like the best way for me to get a good deal is create a new account vs adding it to my existing family plan with cingular. This will be a data only account.

I have heard alot of people unhappy with the tmobile service here in chicago lots of dead spots. They switched to cingular and no more dead spots.

Right now my problem is my company has no more licenses for BSE.

NJBlackBerry
08-25-2006, 07:39 AM
The 8700c is specifically branded for (and locked to) Cingular. It has a slightly different shaped case (and case color). Internally the 8700g and 8700c are the same.

trigga15
08-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

They aren't any different just some people prefer tmobile some prefer cingular...

takeshi
08-25-2006, 08:31 AM
This will be a data only account.

I have heard alot of people unhappy with the tmobile service here in chicago lots of dead spots. They switched to cingular and no more dead spots.

If you're looking into getting data-only, the spotty coverage may not be too bad for email. It will be frustrating for web browsing and unusable for voice but email will work in some cases. I'd still recommend choosing the carrier with better coverage in locations that you frequent. For one thing, poor coverage will kill your batteries faster.

GDM
08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I am still waiting on IT to verify the blackberry license status. If they have now more license's for the BSE server. I can't really sync with my outlook email and calendar correct?

One thing to note is I have a laptop so I can't keep it on 24/7 to autoforward emails.

**update

Ok they have no more licenses for the BSE server but they do have the the Outlook Mobility Access. Could a blackberry like the 8700 sync with the OMA/Exchange Server?