PDA

View Full Version : why did I wait so long

gmelson
08-25-2006, 03:10 PM
I just have to say. I got my first BB today a 7100i Thank you! wow I feel like i'm in a some kind of special club now. All I can say is why did I wait soooo long. This thing Rocks. The coolest phone I have ever had, I just down loaded a couple programs. on it All I can say is yeah for Blackberry. Now If I can just get rid of my palm and go down to just one unit. I think I would be set. Any just had to get that off my chest.

Wow!

G.

I bet u BB useres get a kick out of us newbs. It's like walking into the light.

option94
08-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Welcome to the forum, and the addiction.

Vatothe0
08-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The term "CrackBerry" is not without reason.

rambo47
08-25-2006, 06:45 PM
I think a lot of folks shy away from Blackberries because they still have the image as a corporate email tool. Only in the last few years has BB expanded it's image and appeal to non-corporate type folks. Just wait until the Pearl starts shipping! Folks will be saying "Palm who?"

sarmstrong806
08-25-2006, 07:34 PM
I think other people don't really know what they are missing.

Plinkerton
08-27-2006, 04:59 PM
I agree. I finally got one after wanting one forever.

It's been awesome to get instant email, then sign on my Ebay account, or post to forums, or whatever, with VERY reasonable speed.

I love mine, and now I fear I'll never be able to go back to another phone.

b3n_asian_freak
08-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Good thing that you just got one, not so good when the 8100 is about to come out.... anyway, we all addict to BB, I can live without them!

kmccarthy
08-27-2006, 05:24 PM

It's been awesome to get instant email, then sign on my Ebay account, or post to forums, or whatever, with VERY reasonable speed.

Why would you want to go to another phone?!

Plinkerton
08-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Haha. I wouldn't.

But I guess my thought, is like, what if I go broke, and can't afford the extra monthly 30 dollars?

But, I don't think that will happen really.

And as far as the 8100, I'm not that excited about it.

I don't want/need a camera, or video playback.

I have MP3 ringtones, and that's all I want.

Other than that, I like the scroll wheel, and don't want a trackball like it has.

It looks nice though.

Stinsonddog
08-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Welcome. I am on my 3rd one and I can't wait for an US based UMTS model so that tethering becomes a real experience.

trigga15
08-27-2006, 09:41 PM
haha u said why did you wait soo long? probably because bb is advertised through the corporate world i ask my self that every day and i just got a bb about 3 weeks ago i was addicted the minute i got my data plan set up
its crazy and addicting
thought bout switching back to razr but cant

kmccarthy
08-27-2006, 10:47 PM
haha u said why did you wait soo long? probably because bb is advertised through the corporate world i ask my self that every day and i just got a bb about 3 weeks ago i was addicted the minute i got my data plan set up
its crazy and addicting
thought bout switching back to razr but cant

steer clear of the razr, so many problems.

kmccarthy
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
^ makes me shiver of thinking what i went through

adamlau
08-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I have not yet been able to deny the usefulness of my Palm TX as a reference tool. WiFi support and a plethora of available offline dictionaries and miscellaneous utilities on the Palm OS platform have left me toting both a Palm and BlackBerry device to and from work and home.

trigga15
08-27-2006, 10:57 PM

haha what was wrong with it? what did you go through?

gmelson
08-28-2006, 08:17 AM
I have not yet been able to deny the usefulness of my Palm TX as a reference tool. WiFi support and a plethora of available offline dictionaries and miscellaneous utilities on the Palm OS platform have left me toting both a Palm and BlackBerry device to and from work and home.

Yeah, There is alot of things I still like about my palm right now that makes it hard to give it up. And you said it the disctionaries. I know they have them for the BB, but sometimes when u need a word right away it takes alittle longer to search. I still love this phone. learning what all it can do. we'll see.

joe allen
08-28-2006, 08:24 AM

i am thinking of getting one for my wife. could you elaborate a little?

Stinsonddog
08-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Yeah, There is alot of things I still like about my palm right now that makes it hard to give it up. And you said it the disctionaries. I know they have them for the BB, but sometimes when u need a word right away it takes alittle longer to search. I still love this phone. learning what all it can do. we'll see.

bbSpell provides a dictionary. There is a discount code at my site where I review spell checkers.

noeffectx
08-28-2006, 10:10 AM
I think a lot of folks shy away from Blackberries because they still have the image as a corporate email tool. Only in the last few years has BB expanded it's image and appeal to non-corporate type folks. Just wait until the Pearl starts shipping! Folks will be saying "Palm who?"

exactly right. though, i wish rim will bundle their bb's with softwares that can write/edit word and spreadsheet documents for non BES/corporate user like me. I cant wait till that day come.

jstylz510
08-28-2006, 12:25 PM

You mean there ARE other phones...? But whyyyy...? :razz:

Plinkerton
08-28-2006, 01:50 PM
With regards to the Razr, those things are the worst phones ever.

I love the size and the form factor, but Motorola's software is HORRID.

I used a V551 for a couple years, which essentially has the same software. It's completely un-intuitive, it lags, had some restarting issues, etc. And this was with 2 different phones.

All my friends hate their Razr's also.

If you're using it just as a phone, and you don't care at all about the extra features, it's fine.

But, obviously, we're all somewhat technologically inclined, using BlackBerry's and whatnot, and because of that, you'll see how crappy the OS of those phones really are.

dlpisgreat
08-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Welcome to our world! (y)

trigga15
08-28-2006, 02:31 PM
With regards to the Razr, those things are the worst phones ever.

I love the size and the form factor, but Motorola's software is HORRID.

I used a V551 for a couple years, which essentially has the same software. It's completely un-intuitive, it lags, had some restarting issues, etc. And this was with 2 different phones.

All my friends hate their Razr's also.

If you're using it just as a phone, and you don't care at all about the extra features, it's fine.

But, obviously, we're all somewhat technologically inclined, using BlackBerry's and whatnot, and because of that, you'll see how crappy the OS of those phones really are.

yeah i kinda set back from the razr after i saw a friends in class the interface sucks looks like a piece of junk the only good thing about it is its thin

Liv
08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
yeah i kinda set back from the razr after i saw a friends in class the interface sucks looks like a piece of junk the only good thing about it is its thin

Yep, the Razr just tends to be pleasing to the eyes, but overall it is a crap piece of technology. The only one I have seen that I like it Verizon's new Razr, just has a better quality feel to it.

trigga15
08-28-2006, 04:42 PM
ive seen the v3i with the mp3 player looks nice but not comparable to bb