PDA

View Full Version : exporting contacts to SIM

BBThumbHealer
08-27-2006, 04:26 AM
hey folks,

how can i copy my contacts from the address book to the sim card . they are 200+ !!:oops:

rambo47
08-27-2006, 07:25 AM
One at a time is the only way. No function to copy all at once. Will 200 contacts even fit?

trigga15
08-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

On other cell phones has functions that will copy contacts over but for some reason I don't think bb has that feature unless I'm just missing it

juwaack68
08-27-2006, 07:41 AM
You can copy the entire SIM phone book from the SIM to the BB, but the mass copy doesn't work the other way. Sorry, but you'll have to do it one at a time.

NJBlackBerry
08-27-2006, 07:45 AM
Please note that when you copy contacts (one at a time) to the SIM card, all it stores is name and number.

TylerBoneZJoneZ
08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Please note that when you copy contacts (one at a time) to the SIM card, all it stores is name and number.

I actually used to have Nextels i860 and had all my phone numbers on it I asked the Nextel Rep. how do I get all my contacts on to the BB and he said sync up with Outlook and do it that way, I didn't wanna go that route so I went to the Corperate Nextel store in the mall and they copied the numbers from the i860 sim to the new one that came with the blackberry... Then you have to go in under the Address Book and click the Track Wheel and click SIM Phone Book and all your numbers show up and then I think if you click the track wheel in again it will give you the option to save all the sim contacts to the phone! Bada Bing!

TylerBoneZJoneZ
08-27-2006, 07:07 PM
I actually used to have Nextels i860 and had all my phone numbers on it I asked the Nextel Rep. how do I get all my contacts on to the BB and he said sync up with Outlook and do it that way, I didn't wanna go that route so I went to the Corperate Nextel store in the mall and they copied the numbers from the i860 sim to the new one that came with the blackberry... Then you have to go in under the Address Book and click the Track Wheel and click SIM Phone Book and all your numbers show up and then I think if you click the track wheel in again it will give you the option to save all the sim contacts to the phone! Bada Bing!

I noticed a problem that reocurred a couple times after I did this, I would go into the address book and there would be NO numbers it would be blank, So I just hit the escape button (located under the trackwheel) and went back in and they appeared must have been some kind of glitch with copying the numbers like that. But It hasn't never happend again only like 2 or 3 times.

trigga15
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM
yeah before i got my blackberry i had a sony ericsson z520 and i had just copied my contacts to my sim card and then exported them all to my blackberry but i've never seen it where you do the same on the blackberry