PDA

View Full Version : Newbie email question

corky1
08-27-2006, 01:26 PM
I was given a good used 7290. I'd like to start using it (Cingular) in place of my V3 Razr. Frankly I don't need to access the internet on the blackberry, and would just like to use it for it's phone and email capabilites. I can't justify the Blackberry monthly package costs.

How can I inexpensivly JUST use the phone and email, to get my personel POP email? Can I just purchase Cingular xpress mail for $4.99 a month?

What about the blackberry redirector software, will that work alone, or do you need a data blackerry plan?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Pizzle
08-27-2006, 01:36 PM
Nope. As you'll find by searching:

No Blackberry Data Plan = NO Data. Period.

No e-mail. No Internet. Nothing. All you'll have is Phone and SMS.

Again, you NEED a Blackberry Data Plan in order to get any of the functions you mentioned. Sorry, but there's no way around it.

jeevessnsv
08-27-2006, 02:44 PM
T-mobile is rather cheaper than Cingular for voice + data on the Blackberry, if switching providers is an option for you. You do need a data plan, as noted above, no way around that, but not all providers are equally expensive.

trigga15
08-27-2006, 11:50 PM
yeah no data no email simple as that haha

adamlau
08-28-2006, 12:03 AM
T-Mobile is definitely less expensive than Cingular (at least in the Los Agneles region) for similar data plans. Somthing along the lines of 10% less for an equivalent plan.

Dubdub
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
But it is only cheaper if the coverage is where you need it.

trigga15
08-28-2006, 05:12 PM
yeah some people complain to me that the converage in some areas suck