PDA

View Full Version : another stupid ZEN issue/question

fmtek
08-29-2006, 12:03 AM
lol.. sorry to keep bringing this up..

tonight i loaded up the ZEN theme on my 8700g .. i finally figured out how to move the icons to where i wanted them (thanks to the fine folks here), and was wondering one more thing...

if i put an app like VeriChat, Google Maps, or Opera Mini (something that isn't BB Loaded)... the icon on the home screen does not show up.. it just shows a black "command prompt" looking icon.... but when i hit the Application List, the icon is correct..

i tried popping the battery out for about a minute... i removed Opera Mini, and reinstalled it..(easiest to remove and reinstall)... still coming up with the same thing..

is this normal? or am i missing something?

Thanks,

-Frank

VickyPaz
08-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi, I have the same problem but I think it is because that our OS (assuming you are using TM OS like me) doesn't accept third party icons on home screen. Anyway, check out this link for more info.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/36477-zen-theme-application-icon-black-window.html?highlight=zen+icons

fmtek
08-29-2006, 08:24 AM
thanks... i'll just live with it.. i didn't know if it was something that i did .. or it was normal...

it's all good, ZEN theme is great..

thanks for the help,

-Frank

Stinsonddog
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Which OS are you on? The first one with Zen had this issue. Try updating and it will go away.

Pizzle
08-29-2006, 10:08 AM
OS build .284 has the 3rd party icon issues. .309 (Telstra) and newer have those issues fixed.