PDA

View Full Version : 7130e Email Negative Number?

Mr_sinister
08-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Hello all. A negative number has appeared beside my email address on the main menu of my BB (xxxxx@<hidden> (-2)). My messages and inbox are empty too; so it's not a message count. Any thoughts??

Thanks for your help.

Jumpin_Joe
08-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah...I had that happen to me. I have forgotton how I fixed it. But one of these things did it:

* Mark all messages as read (don't think that was it)
* Turn wireless off / on
* I powered it down, powered it up, hit "reconcile now" and I thought that was it.

This was on my BES BB.

kasperapd
08-29-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah...I had that happen to me. I have forgotton how I fixed it. But one of these things did it:

* Mark all messages as read (don't think that was it)
* Turn wireless off / on
* I powered it down, powered it up, hit "reconcile now" and I thought that was it.

This was on my BES BB.

If the above doesn't work, trying pulling the battery for 30 seconds and see if that fixes the issue.

AnthroMatt
08-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Pulling the battery definitely works....

Bobb
08-29-2006, 09:08 PM
I posted a question about this a week or two ago, and no one responded with any info. I started seeing this immediately after I installed the latest version of the OS. Never saw it before that. I noted that it reset to zero when it reached 100. Don't know the significance of this counter, and no one else seems to know, either. It seems to count the number of opened e-mails..but so what? I think I'm missing something, or it's so obvious that it escapes me, "not seeing the trees for the forest."