PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Reminders do not work!

arodweb
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Any thoughts why this could be?

thanks for any help (y)

snowskier79
08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
arodweb-
Welcome to the forums. Provide a little more detail as to your current state w/your BB. Are you BIS or BES? What provider do you have your 8700g on? Are you using their stock OS or one of the other ones available (i.e. Telstra/Bharti etc.)?

Pizzle
08-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Uh...you gotta be more specific than that. Do you have your profile(s) set up to alert you? The default is no sound/vibrate under "Calendar" in your normal profile.

Are the reminders set in each calendar entry? What about the default reminder under options?

arodweb
08-29-2006, 05:29 PM
arodweb-
Welcome to the forums. Provide a little more detail as to your current state w/your BB. Are you BIS or BES? What provider do you have your 8700g on? Are you using their stock OS or one of the other ones available (i.e. Telstra/Bharti etc.)?

Thanks for the reply.

BIS-TMO-Stock OS

Are there any free apps worth using?

Uh...you gotta be more specific than that. Do you have your profile(s) set up to alert you? The default is no sound/vibrate under "Calendar" in your normal profile.

Are the reminders set in each calendar entry? What about the default reminder under options?

I do have the profile to alert me, the default reminder is set to 5 minutes prior to the appointment.....BTW i've tried changing the default reminder time and it still doesn't work.

thabnks for any help (y)

Pizzle
08-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Have you checked your *profiles* though? Is the screen popping up, with no audible alert?

Your profiles will determine if Calendar notices make noise or not. Make sure to select "tone" or "vibrate", and that it doesn't also say "mute".