PDA

View Full Version : Transferring images and files to BB 7290

outfocus
03-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Hi guys, loving my new BB device and want to know how to transfer images onto the device. Also documents too.

Thanks in advance

cbotd
03-08-2005, 07:18 AM
The quick and easy way for me has been to e-mail my bb the files I want.

For pictures, you'll need OS 4.0.

outfocus
03-08-2005, 08:11 AM
I'll give it a go- shame there's no tranfer ability with the desktop software

RSWiser
03-08-2005, 08:22 AM
I just have the stock 3.8 and I emailed photos to my self, saved and they show up great in the Photo file.

ahill101
03-08-2005, 08:35 AM
how can you view pictures i cannot seem to open the attachments when they are emailed

Kleen7290
05-10-2005, 09:48 PM
how can you view pictures i cannot seem to open the attachments when they are emailed

Open the email, click your thumbwheel, scroll to "open attachment" and select it, then you should see a small file tree, scroll to the last option (can't remember the specific command, but it should be something along the lines of "view full file" or something; it's a pretty intuitive command whatever it is) and click your thumbwheel... it should load. After it loads, you can save them to your pictures folder, and from there you can set them as standby screens and background images. Hope it works for you...

Peace

9balla4life
05-10-2005, 10:12 PM
hasn't this question been asked already??? i could've sworn i just help a guy with this same issue...hmm...i wonder how many questions would be answered if only the wonderful feature of the search button was put to use... all the sam.e i guess, but imo i think most webmasters would appreciate it... hope you got everything to work well for you. thanks.

Kleen7290
05-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Truth...

jacobsaa
05-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Back to the original question at hand, I think if you do a file back up on your computer, all of the stuff should transfer smoothly over to your new handheld. If there are things that you dont want once the transfer is complete . . . simply remove them.

coreyg510
05-11-2005, 04:28 AM
there is a third party software that i believe allows you to transfer pics from your desktop to you BB do a search on Apps, I started the thread a week or two ago.

lezcuff
05-11-2005, 06:18 AM
The Photo Album slideshow player "Berry Pix" will let you send pictures by email to your blackberry and allocate categories to your pictures so you can play themed slideshows. That's not exactly what you asked, since the transfer is not a cradle transfer, but it will let you get your pictures onto your Blackberry.

Lez

BillG
05-27-2005, 03:39 PM

coreyg510
05-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Thats it, BILL has lost his mind. Photo posts every where. seriously, is there any way to stop him?!?

DavidE
05-27-2005, 04:41 PM
coreyg510: Thats it, BILL has lost his mind. Photo posts every where. seriously, is there any way to stop him?!?Hmm... 11 posts and all of them tout the exact same solution.

Maybe BillG isn't human. BillG could be an ad-bot programmed to pop up when the right combination of words is included in a post.

Let's test this theory. How can I get photos into my Blackberry? I tried holding them up to the screen and rubbing them in, but that didn't work. I also have some extra money in my pocket. Any way to solve both problems at the same time?

If my theory is correct, the next post will be from BillG urging us to try the new "Ascendo Photos" application.

Note to BillG: All kidding aside, Ascendo Photos might be a great application, but you're doing it more harm than good by relentlessly pushing it at every opportunity. Once or twice is enough, as long as the situation warrants it. If the application is better than the competition, word of mouth (that is, genuine word of mouth) will take care of the rest.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

|zen|
05-28-2005, 10:56 AM
i sent photos to the address xxxxxxx@<hidden>, but the mail does not get delivered to my phone?

is this because of the BES?

sending photos to my company email does not allow the GIF or JPeg to be opened?

please help

DavidE
05-28-2005, 11:33 AM
i sent photos to the address xxxxxxx@<hidden>, but the mail does not get delivered to my phone? is this because of the BES? Is the entire message not delivered? Is the message delivered with no photo attached? Or is the message delivered with the photo, and you're unable to save the photo?

You don't need BES to save a photo from a message, but it's my understanding that you need to be using OS 4.0 (or possibly version 3.8 of the OS). What version of the operating system are you using on your Blackberry? If you're using BES, has your company upgraded BES to 4.0?

I don't know very much about BES, so maybe someone else can chime in with info on what should be checked on the BES side. There may be an option through BES to restrict the delivery of photos.

DavidE
www.davidenglish.com

|zen|
05-28-2005, 03:33 PM
the entire meesage was not delivered? it is in the inbox of the t-mobile web client, but never delivered to the BB?

I have a 7290 running 4.0, my company is running the BES 3.8 upgrading soon...

teskew
05-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Okay, I'm just wondering...has anyone actually tried the Ascendo Photo thing that Bill keeps talking about?

Brandon -B-
05-28-2005, 05:36 PM
I just tried the demo and actually it works great. the only problem is I don't think that the photos can be used for a background. they are stored in a different application then the "pictures" app that comes with the blackberry.

After doing search after search on how to load pictures, Bill is about the only person that has answered the question. Everyone else here just replys "DO A SEARCH" and claims that there is no way to do load them through the usb. I don't know who bill is but finally I have an easy way to load pics onto the blackberry using usb. (and yes I've done the searches many times

Brandon

BillG
05-29-2005, 02:10 AM
Sorry, If I have shown a lot of enthusiasm... I removed my posts

JBATIV
06-15-2005, 06:48 AM
BillG,
I haven't seen your posts but I have just downloaded ascendo and it works great. The only thing I can't get it to do is show multiple pics one after the other as slide show... how can I do that? It did do it when I first downloaded several pics, but once I had exited it only allowed me to select one file each time in the menu.
Thanks