PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get Browser Icons to Appear - Help!

mzini
08-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I just recently had to have my 8700c replaced under warranty by Cingular... my thumbwheel would not click anymore, it was basically stuck in position, so Cingular just sent me a new one. I switched everything over (I use BIS to redirect my mail) and everything has worked fine EXCEPT for the fact that I have no browser icons on my 8700 now. On my old one, I had both the Cingular browser and the standard Blackberry browser, but now I don't have either. If I try to access a browser link on my 8700 now, I get this error:

"Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device."

So should I do just that? Or am I missing something simple here? On my old 8700 the browser icons appeared automatically... I never had to do anything. I use the browsers alot so this is really ticking me off!

Thanks!

d_fisher
08-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Go to the BIS website and change the PIN and IMEI number to your new device. Then resend the service books.

mzini
08-29-2006, 11:13 PM
I had already done that, and resent the service books once. However, I just did it a second time and I now have the browsers!

Sweet!

abbs
08-30-2006, 06:23 AM
What is the BIS site for Nextel? I don't have browsers either.

Benny