PDA

View Full Version : 8700g cannot display more on older messages.

Tom_S
08-30-2006, 05:55 AM
Hi,

I have a user with a 8700g, he received it on the 25th August. However, all of his emails from before that date have been sent to his BlackBerry as headers only. I suggested he select "more" or "more all" but it brings up an error saying "cannot display more". All mails since have been delivered and display OK.

I'm not a beginner when it comes to BlackBerrys, but I feel I'm missing something obvious here. I've checked all the settings and the BES, and everything seems just fine. I'm left scratching my head and feeling rather dim. Can anyone here suggest a fix for this?

Many thanks!

Tom_S
08-30-2006, 08:24 AM
For anyone who might be interested... I have spoken to our RIM representative, and they just advised me to ask the user to forward the emails back to himself. It's something I had suggested to the user as a workaround, but now it would appear to be the only solution to the problem.

BERDucky
08-30-2006, 02:30 PM
are the emails still in the inbox or have they been moved? if they're not in the inbox the handheld can't locate them - and therefore can't display more :)