PDA

View Full Version : Nextel users, Direct Connect question

rta53
03-08-2005, 09:38 AM
If I have my 7520 holstered and someone calls me via Direct Connect sometimes before I can get it out of the holster it goes back to the Ribbon screen. It would be nice if the display would stay at the phone screen for a longer time. Is there an option to change this? Has anyone else been bothered by this or just me?

auser
03-08-2005, 11:41 AM
I feel your pain. I have this same issue. Sometimes with regular calls as well. <shrug>

Kernel Panic
03-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Maybe increasing the amount of beeps in your Profile might help. I suffer from the same, so I am increasing the number of beeps to see if that helps.

chuy
03-08-2005, 02:03 PM
I use Nextel, too, and I haven't found any way to extend that... unfortunately. :cry:

But from the ribbon, press space, and it brings up your phone, and has the last active call in your list highlighted. It's a little extra hassle, but the easiest way I've found.

If anyone finds a better way, let me know!

sheakt
03-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Just a suggestion... If you have your contacts get in the habit of doing an actual "ALERT" rather than just "keying the mic" to get your attention you should have better luck as you have to answer the alert dialog on the screen to make it go away.....

--Kevin

dzervit
03-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Maybe increasing the amount of beeps in your Profile might help. I suffer from the same, so I am increasing the number of beeps to see if that helps.
Beeps are only good for DC Alerts... not the quick DC that many folks do. I do the spacebar trick if I think I missed one. Thus far I really haven't had issues.