PDA

View Full Version : New 7130E Verizon User Here!

Berto
08-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi all, I just got a 7130E and upgraded my old Verizon plan.

Previously had a Samsung SCH-a670, loved the thing, it was very solid, but the vibrator broke (hah! - story of my life) and I really needed that now.

Since I'm going to be a field sales engineer in January (out in West LA on the beaches), they told me to get this phone while I'm at it.

So here I am. I'll be around digging for info, I'm a techie but know ABSOLUTELY nothing about this one.

I'll now be checking the FAQs and learning the shortcuts.

If anyone has any cool links that aren't easily found here, please post em up.

My first thing is to get my old phone data in. I have all of it in Bitpim, hopefully it's easy to pull into Blackberry.

Soon to be hooked,
Berto :-P

daves
08-31-2006, 04:09 PM
welcome and good luck (I'm new also.. 4 weeks and already blew my 10meg and went to unlimted)..a few of my favorite apps so far:

- google maps (this is way cool)
- bbcorrector (free spell checker)
- repligo doc. viewer
- mobipocket reader for geocaching, although there's others
- journalbar is really nice .. there's a trial (journalbar.com)
- try pocketday pro. (consolidated view of email, missed calls, tasks, etc.) although there were a few things I didn't like about it so I uninstalled
- trafficedge (view traffic cams on your bb, althoug google maps shows traffic data although I can't say where it comes from)
- berry411 .. general lookups

check the 3rd party apps forum..there are stickeys there at the top.. 7130e theme, I stuck to VZW's .. it's definately not perfect, but it's simple and the apps all go in one folder to declutter things... if you want the zen theme, you need (I think) to upgrade your OS (there are links, but not from VZW) which I'm sure can be done but I didn't feel like doing / risking just for a theme, when I was ok w. the VZW.

good luck & have fun...

kasperapd
08-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Welcome from a fellow VZW 7130e user!

Nickster248
09-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi all, I just got a 7130E and upgraded my old Verizon plan.

Soon to be hooked,
Berto :-P
Welcome Berto. I too am relatively new to the BlackBerry, and have a 7130e as you do. I know you once you get used to the BlackBerry OS, you are going to enjoy using your 7130e, and don't worry about the SureType, as you will get used to it very quickly.

Nick

wortmanb
09-02-2006, 08:12 AM
welcom Berto....new 7130e vzw user myself.....was away fro bb's for year or so, but glad to be back

mythago
09-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Another new user jumping in on the thread here...first time Blackberry owner, this is what they issued me at work. I actually liked SureType, once I got used to it.

NYRob
09-06-2006, 07:37 PM
I am thinking about buying this BB. I have two questions -

1) How is the sound as a phone? I have heard a few complaints but most people seem to be happy

2) Are any of you forwarding mail from AOL to the BB? I have tried to understand how to do this but I find what I am reading on AOL confusing.

daves
09-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I am thinking about buying this BB. I have two questions -

1) How is the sound as a phone? I have heard a few complaints but most people seem to be happy

2) Are any of you forwarding mail from AOL to the BB? I have tried to understand how to do this but I find what I am reading on AOL confusing.

re (2), AOL fwding has been fine..I am on BES though through my company, so I"m not sure if that affects things. but, all I did was create a blackberry ID (not email ID, just an ID so bbery knows who I am), then using that, entered my AOL ID and PW, accepted the EUL, and my AOL mail is sent to my BB. I would imagine this would work without a BES as well (e.g. regular retail use of blackberry not through a company server). note that you'll get all email in one message box, so if you have mult mail accounts (aol, for example, and work), you'll see all messages together in the default queue. you can pull up separate folders after that, but the default is the comingled one.

there is one program I found for 'browser' access to aol mail (vs. push), but it's not very good at all. apparently, there may be 1 more, VZW data services sent me a link to handango that I have to test, but I haven't seen it before in a lot of searching for a non push AOL mail client.

all attempts at browser access via VZW and my 7130e have failed.

hope this helps!!

Berto
09-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Well everyone, I had to return the phone.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, but I didn't go through the proper channels to get it through our corporate lease, so I had to return it and now I'll go back to getting it.

My only complaint is that the vibrator didn't shake hard enough, but this thing was really cool and sounded great. Eventually I might find out if I can program the phone to send more voltage to the vibrator.

Anyway, I'm a bit upset that I had to return it, but I'll be back in action within a week or so and will be rockin yall in SureType.

Berto
11-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Reviving an old thread just to say hi. Exactly TWO months ago I had to return my phone and get it re-ordered through the right channels.

I FINALLY got it in. My company dragged more feet than anything I've ever seen. What a pain. But now I'm back and time to re-load everything!

berto

robroy215
11-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm fairly new to my Verizon 7130e. Not real sure which service I should be using to get e-mails. Mainly use hotmail instead of my own ISP server. Love the unit. Few questions: Anyone have a problem with KA-GLOM! freezing up when receiving a call while playing and having to do a hard (remove battery) reset? Is there any way to disable the # key from changing profile to vibrate when pressed for a few seconds? Lastly, is there a good software to use in conjunction with a Bluetooth GPS receiver?

Looking forward to learning here.....

richardrblc
11-22-2006, 08:00 AM
i have 7130e as well its like a drug crack for geeks lol once you use it nothing else is the same single quality and everything is better imo and the funtionality is unsurpassed(y)

Nextel User
11-23-2006, 09:03 AM
i have been using various different BB's thru the years. started with nextel 6510, 7510, 7520 and 7100i. now i have the 7130e. its a great phone, and an even better email device.
enjoy it.

Yellowfin
11-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Howdy! I too am a relatively new 7130e user as well and like it a lot...too much depending on whom in my family you ask.

li2327
12-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hello every one. I'm also a 7130e user. I went to the Motorola Q and had to switch back to my blackberry. The service is so reliable and the interface is great. So enjoy.

li2327
12-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Wirelessly posted (7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Hello every one. I'm also a 7130e user. I went to the Motorola Q and had to switch back to my blackberry. The service is so reliable and the interface is great. So enjoy.

Corman
12-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Welcome, you will love the device.

G-Spot Hitter
12-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Hello all...

I'm also a new 7130e user and love it so far. The only thing is that my carrier is U.S. Cellular. Is there anything here on this forum that has US Cellular stuff for my blackberry?