PDA

View Full Version : Question about OWA and BB

ero2
09-01-2006, 06:42 PM
So, I currently have a treo 700 that I hate more than life itself, soft resets when the phone rings, I'll soft reset it and 30 text messages and 2 voicemails or more show up when I thought I hadn't gotten a call all day, it just sucks...so I am looking to exchange it for a 7130e, but want to make sure...My work email goes through OWA, and I can't check it from my home computer, but I can receive it on my treo, they said it's like this cause it's harder to setup blocks for phones or something...anyways, should I be able to still set it up and receive my email through the BIS?

Also, I have it set to only sync my email, and not my contacts or calendars because I sync my calendars and contacts with my home computer and not the work one...when it syncs with OWA on a BB will it sync contacts through the server as well, and not allow me to ONLY sync my email?

Thanks in advance, I had a 7250BB before and the stability and ease of use is the reason I am coming back, but just wasn't sure about these 2 questions first...

BERDucky
09-02-2006, 07:13 AM
as long as your OWA is public...as in you can view from outside work environment you can set it up on your BB to receive your emails through BIS

otherwise there are other options like a forwarding rule that your IT can help you set up

BIS syncs only email - and it's one way (handheld -> account); and there are other restrictions as well

ero2
09-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Thats the weird part, I can't view it at home, but I could set it up on my cell phone...

and when you say 1 way sync, like right now if I delete a message on my phone it deletes it on the server, and if I delete it on the server and sync my phone with my email it will go away on my phone, is that how it would work if I hit "reconcile now" on the BB?

Thanks!!

BERDucky
09-03-2006, 11:28 AM
no - one way is handheld to server only (if you delete on your handheld it deletes from your server)

two way is handheld to server AND server to handheld