PDA

View Full Version : 7100i BoostBerry, no SB's

The Atomic Ass
09-01-2006, 09:28 PM
This is my first post here, and this is also my first BB.

I've had Boost for some time using an i415, and I swapped the sim cards and I'm able to receive calls, but I cannot make them. (Says your call cannot be completed at this time, call customer service, etc), I can not send or receive txt's, and the browser doesn't show in the main menu.

I have no SB's, (which having read here appears to be most of my problem), but I cannot figure out how to get these service books. I've got all capital NXTL, and Brick Breaker is able to communicate high scores to whatever server it communicates with, so I've got data access.

Searching old topics didn't bring anything up about creating SB's, so I'm kinda stumped about how to get to the point of being able to browse, make calls, and send/receive txt's. I'd also like to find a freeware sound recorder.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

finch
09-01-2006, 09:47 PM
You have no service books because you don't have a data plan. No BlackBerry Data Plan, no data, end of story and because this seems to be a popular topic of late there is no way around it. All you have have is voice and SMS. You need a BlackBerry Data Plan for data on a BlackBerry which Boost doesn't offer.

The Atomic Ass
09-01-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm still kind of lost on the data bit. I understand I can't get SB's from Boost, but I don't understand why I can't just load them from somewhere else. Or why BrickBreaker can send/receive high scores without any data.

And, like I stated, I have only incoming phone, and no SMS.

jibi
09-01-2006, 11:45 PM
service books are provisioned to your phone from your carrier. where else would you get them, honestly? just get Nextel.

The Atomic Ass
09-02-2006, 12:37 AM
That's what I'd like to know! It's been done on the 7520, and I simply can't believe it can't be done on the 7100.

I'd use Nextel except I want to limit my phone costs to less than $40/m, and I would burn up 5mb in a week. That and of course I would need a voice plan. All that adds upto $70/m, or with taxes and fees probably more like $80/m. That and I abhor multi-year commitments.

trigga15
09-02-2006, 12:45 AM
try calling cingular and asking about their gophone option if you dont want a contract they may have a way to add data plan to that

tombaby
09-02-2006, 11:53 AM
You have no service books because you don't have a data plan. No BlackBerry Data Plan, no data, end of story and because this seems to be a popular topic of late there is no way around it. All you have have is voice and SMS. You need a BlackBerry Data Plan for data on a BlackBerry which Boost doesn't offer.
100% truth ...... you need to get nextel service

finch
09-02-2006, 12:58 PM
What does that have to do with the overall question? First off we're talking about an iDEN provider not GSM or GSM data for that matter, second service books are not portable, third and lastly its not possible. You can't access data on a BB without a BlackBerry Data Plan, end of story.
try calling cingular and asking about their gophone option if you dont want a contract they may have a way to add data plan to that

TylerBoneZJoneZ
09-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Just get Nextel service, Trust me you will pat yourself on the back in the end!!

BallHawk3
09-02-2006, 09:46 PM
ok, why would you want a blackberry if you can't afford it?

If you really needed a blackberry, you would have no trouble paying the MRC. You can always get BB Data Stand Alone plan you know?

trigga15
09-02-2006, 09:52 PM
What does that have to do with the overall question? First off we're talking about an iDEN provider not GSM or GSM data for that matter, second service books are not portable, third and lastly its not possible. You can't access data on a BB without a BlackBerry Data Plan, end of story.

because he said he was limited to money what if he didnt mind changing over? you always got something to say to me right? cuz im younger than anyone around here you gotta harrase me? right yeah you and mrkyoo...cant stand it when i say something so you gotta harrase me about it...just go on bout your own business i could see if i was talkin bout mtv or rap music but dang homeboy im talkin bout cheaper service here makin valid suggestions and you got something to say? yea

trigga15
09-02-2006, 09:53 PM
First off we're talking about an iDEN provider not GSM or GSM data for that matter,

oh and also it says nothing bout IDEN in his post
sorry to say it but you are wrong there...you just cant stand it that im 16 and im right

DiRN
09-02-2006, 10:38 PM
He was asking about the 7100i. The 'i' stands for iDEN.

trigga15
09-02-2006, 10:51 PM
i know...but still he said cheaper is on a budget bringin up gsm dont make it off topic

TylerBoneZJoneZ
09-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Kids kids lets be civil about the situation and not fight and be childish. Lets just help the people here and leave it at that. :-) Everyone have a wonderful day!!!!!

finch
09-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Yes that's exactly it.. More so your off topic incorrect info that concerns me. Read the original thread, 7100i (iDEN) NXTL (iDEN) oh yes and Boost (iDEN)
oh and also it says nothing bout IDEN in his post
sorry to say it but you are wrong there...you just cant stand it that im 16 and im right

finch
09-03-2006, 08:25 AM
That is your only option to accomplish what you want. BlackBerry's communicate through RIM's secure servers which carriers pay a residual too for prividing BlackBerry service, thus the reason you can't access data on a BlackBerry without a specific BlackBerry Data Plan. There's no way around it.
Just get Nextel service, Trust me you will pat yourself on the back in the end!!