PDA

View Full Version : configuring email

parkejo
09-02-2006, 10:36 PM
I recievieved my Blackberry about a month ago. I went in tonight to add a private email under E-Mail settings and it keep asking for a password and user ID. I tried several combo that I migth have picked but nothing worked. I then tried to creat a new accout and it would tell an account existed with this pin. It then took me to a screen that asked for the PIN and ESN. put then in but I keep getting errors. Any thoughts?

joginder
09-02-2006, 10:39 PM
what provider and what model and is it BIS or BES?

Lt. Wolfwood
09-02-2006, 11:28 PM
just a thought, idk if it will work but it always seems to work for me and my cell phones, default passwords are usually "0000"

worth a try, right?

JerryD
09-03-2006, 06:41 AM
I recievieved my Blackberry about a month ago. I went in tonight to add a private email under E-Mail settings and it keep asking for a password and user ID. I tried several combo that I migth have picked but nothing worked. I then tried to creat a new accout and it would tell an account existed with this pin. It then took me to a screen that asked for the PIN and ESN. put then in but I keep getting errors. Any thoughts?
It sounds like you've just been using your blackberry.net email account. That comes with the BlackBerry service, and doesn't need any setup. To have your BlackBerry service scan and forward other email to your BB, you need to set up a BIS account with whatever user ID and password you want.

Go to "Personal email setup" (that's what it is on Cingular 8700c - it might be Internet email or something else for your provider) and set it up. It's easier to set up the account on the BB initially since the account needs your PIN and IMEI numbers, and that info will self populate when you set it up on the BB. After that, it's easier to set up other email accounts through your provider's BIS web site.

parkejo
09-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Model 7250
Provider VZW
My company uses BES servers
The corprate email works fine

JerryD
09-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Model 7250
Provider VZW
My company uses BES servers
The corprate email works fine
Unless your corporate IT policy prohibits setting up personal email on your BlackBerry, that has no relevance to the instructions given.

Try it first.

parkejo
09-03-2006, 09:24 AM
I belive I've found the issue and solution.
I've got the correct password. via the wesite

In a nutshell I've forgotten my user ID.
I'll call tech support and get it reset.