PDA

View Full Version : Slow Pin messaging on Verizon

rudyo
09-03-2006, 12:01 AM
The last 24 hours pin messaging on verizon has been very slow, sometimes 2-3 min. I frequently use BB messenger with the same person (which uses pin messaging) and it is always very fast...1-2 seonds. The last couple of days it has really slowed down. One device is a 7250 and the other a 7130.

I called verizon tech support and they don't show any problems. We have updated the prl and rebooted both devices several times. We are both in good coverage areas in the same geographic area.

Any ideas? It is irritating when it is lagged and you are used to it being instant.
As a fallback, which is the be IM app to use? Is google talk worth looking at?

Thanks

whsbuss
09-03-2006, 06:06 AM
The last 24 hours pin messaging on verizon has been very slow, sometimes 2-3 min. I frequently use BB messenger with the same person (which uses pin messaging) and it is always very fast...1-2 seonds. The last couple of days it has really slowed down. One device is a 7250 and the other a 7130.

I called verizon tech support and they don't show any problems. We have updated the prl and rebooted both devices several times. We are both in good coverage areas in the same geographic area.

Any ideas? It is irritating when it is lagged and you are used to it being instant.
As a fallback, which is the be IM app to use? Is google talk worth looking at?

Thanks

Sending a PIN message and using BB messenger are different. Maybe RIM's messenger servers are having some problems.

greggebhardt
09-03-2006, 07:06 AM
If PIN messages are slow, I hate to think how long for an IM. PIN messages for Nextel in Jacksonville are still only a second or two.

rudyo
09-18-2006, 10:28 AM
This problem myteriously fixed itself after a few days. Nothing I did seem to have an impact though. It was nearly 48 hours after I changed anything.

The problem is that it is back again. Not sure what the issue is but it is irritating, I can tell it is happenning because when I send a message normally, a small "D" and then a small "R"show next to the other persons name almost immediatley indicating that is has been delivered and read. That is not happenning now. If the other person sends, I don't get them until I send another message, then theirs come all at once.

Any ideas?
Verizon says they can't help. Who do I call at Blackberry?