PDA

View Full Version : 4.1 woes continue

bmwhd
09-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Having loaded 4.1.0.292 on my cingular 7100g and don't have any kind of browser, WAP or otherwise. Tried all the basic suggestions. I am on a corp BES but I used to get cingular to push the browser. No luck after several reloads of the OS and reactiviations.

I also downloaded Texas Hold'em 2 via DM and I see it under Options->Advanced->Applications but I have no icon for it (it's not hidden) and no way to launch it.

Any ideas?

mobilecontrol
09-03-2006, 06:16 PM
For the browser, have you tried re-registering your device using the "Host Routing Table"? I have had to use this method with several 7100t's and 7105t's and actually my 8700g once.

rambo47
09-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I recall some time ago upgrading the OS on my 7230 and afterwards needing to resend my service books to the handheld unit from the T-Mobile Blackberry page. Perhaps it's something like this with Cingular. Maybe it's something your BES Admin needs to push onto your unit.

bmwhd
09-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I tried the host routing table thing a few times with Cingular on the phone. No joy. For the browser, I'm now thinking I do need my corp BES admin to do a push.

But why can't I see TH2? I know the load via DM went through and I can see it in the list of apps under options. Why no icon to start it I wonder?

bmwhd
09-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Only had to do a "wipe" and reinstall the applications via DM (and reactivate the device, and get my admin to reset my account on the BES, and spend 2 hours on the phone with both cingular and RIM, and....)

Zro
09-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Darn, sorry I didn't see this earlier. Not sure about the Texas holdem, shoulda just been a "remove through app loader, install again through app loader" to fix that, but maybe not.

As for the browser, I bet unless your BB info was corrupt in the mailbox then all you woulda needed to do was delete the current Desktop [IPPP] service book then connect the handheld to the USB cable, Generate new encryption keys, or have your BES admin push the service books out from the BB Manager.

If you had to have the BES admin remove you from the server, you run a program on your computer, then they add you back and you do an Enterprise Activation, then no, my ideas wouldn't have helped :)

Zro