PDA

View Full Version : BB IT in need of help with Palm700p

Born2Slow
09-06-2006, 03:28 PM
I know this is a BB site but I know many of you have plenty of knowledge on other handhelds. I was just handed a Palm700p that keeps resetting it self. Well it’s stuck on a reset loop… the carrier is Verizon. I tried a couple soft resets but the reset loop persists. It goes from “Access Powered” screen to “palm” screen and repeats. So I Did a system reset which seamed to work for about 10 minutes until the unit went back into its reset loop. Has anyone run into this problem? I really don’t want to do a hard reset if possible since the user is out of the office and I can guarantee her data has been backed up.

Thanks!!

rambo47
09-06-2006, 03:55 PM
You'd probably be better off at the forums at TreoCentral.com
Sounds like a corrupt data base (common with Versamail) or a hardware fault that necessitates an exchange of the unit.

Check out this discussion: Reset Loop After Hard Reset!!! - TreoCentral.com (http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=123461&highlight=reset+loop)

Born2Slow
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
thanks Rambo! im jumping around on a couple different forums. Thanks for your time!

bcoutlander
09-06-2006, 10:05 PM
I had this on a 700p that I had. Sprint ended up replacing it with a new one. They said it was a hardware issue.