PDA

View Full Version : Removing Google Talk & Yahoo Messenger from 7130e

Nickster248
09-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I have the two icons on my screen, but nothing listed under the Application Manager, nor Options/Advanced/Applications. I checked under Modules as well, but still see nothing that resembles the two Programs...nothing with "Google" or "Yahoo" in it.:???:

Can anyone tell me what to look for under Modules to delete those two Programs?

Thanks for your help.:-)

o2bnme
09-07-2006, 02:45 PM
I was successful in removing Google Talk from my 7130c, but not the first time. I didn't do anything special, but eventually, I saw it show up again on my application list (in the organizer and in advanced options). I removed it from the Application list in advanced options each time and the most recent attempt worked. Be sure to restart the unit to complete the process.

For Yahoo, I'm at a loss. I removed it from the application list in advanced options but it won't go away. It seems like the program is still installed.

I ended up going with IM+... I've been very happy with this option.

JaxDomino
09-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Wow, we now have trojan apps for the BB and from major vendors no less.

TylerBoneZJoneZ
09-11-2006, 07:58 PM

Have you tried the BlackBerry Desktop Manager? See if something is in there? Just a suggestion.

o2bnme
09-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Have you tried the BlackBerry Desktop Manager? See if something is in there? Just a suggestion.

Yes. Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is, I didn't load these applications through the Desktop Manager. So, they don't show up with an option to delete. Actually, they don't show up at all. :/

TylerBoneZJoneZ
09-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Yes. Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is, I didn't load these applications through the Desktop Manager. So, they don't show up with an option to delete. Actually, they don't show up at all. :/

So you downloaded OTA (over the air) then

o2bnme
09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
Correct. OTA

Plinkerton
09-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Maybe reinstall them with the desktop manager, and then uninstall them with the Desktop manager, and see if that works.

stevew
09-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Uhhhh no, it only seems that way because you all don't know the BB OS all that well. To get rid of the app's, just remove the related sevice books...that's all you have to do.

o2bnme
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Maybe reinstall them with the desktop manager, and then uninstall them with the Desktop manager, and see if that works.

I just realized something... the Yahoo Messenger application isn't supported on my 7130c. So, that explains why I am having issues? Somehow it let me download it and even lets me attempt to log in (and fails). So, when I can't even get to the application to download and install via the Desktop Manager. :-(

So, do you think I'm stuck with this program on my BB (unless I wipe it and start over)?