PDA

View Full Version : VERY new to blackberry, am I right?

NancyLeeIL
09-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Hi :-).

OK, I'm obviously very blackberry/technology challenged..and very new. And I need some very wise counsel if you don't mind...and also I need to make sure I understand what I've read the past two hours on this forum.

I just purchased a Blackberry (7250) from US Cellular. I downloaded PocketMac and sync with Entourage on my Mac.

I came here this morning after finding the forum on a google search...hoping to find answers to why when I sync my Mac now has duplicate addresses. I found answers on how to avoid BLACKBERRY duplicates but not much response to the Entourage issue...

But from what I've read I'm lucky. I "think" all of my addresses sync'd :-).

OK, my general consensus from reading what I could is that Pocket Mac has issues. Got that. I can search here to see if anyone has solved the problem and if not, you just basically live with it. Is that a good assumption?

My basic questions that I can't totally get a feel for is....

Does the Pocket Mac syncing work with another program "better"? ie. the mac native programs or DAYLITE? I had never heard of daylite till last night when I set up my sync preferences. I can't tell by the mixed reads on this forum if there is better syncing or not with PocketMac and other programs. Some have no problems and other major problems, but I can't determine, due to my lack of tech knowledge I think, if they are doing a whole lot more complicated syncing(like projects, linking emails,network)...than I would do with my three person business and two teenage children life.

Second is, and please don't hate me :-)...if no program is "better" than Entourage to sync with and I need the least complications (since I'm not the most saavy tech person)...would it just be better for me to sync at work with my PC? I have no idea how I'd schlepp all my address info from a Mac to a PC other than re-type it all...ugh...so it's not my first choice obviously. I'd rather sync at home on my Mac. But if it's a great seamless sync and I have the option to do it...is it a better choice till they come out with iPhone/Appleberry...(how cool will THAT be!)???

Any input from you experienced tech saavy people would be much appreciated. My brain is fried from reading....and I do have to get to work! LOL. Ah a new toy, always such a challenge to figure out :-).

Thank you VERY much for any advice.
Nancy