PDA

View Full Version : foreverpowerup!

jfisher
09-08-2006, 04:06 AM
i've been posting and helping folk out in the developer section of this site for a good while now and i've finally managed to write a fun game in my own time to try and add a bit of excitement to the normal business apps i develop with work,

it's available at handango: ForeverPowerUp by meshtech.net - Handango Blackberry Software (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&R=194512&productId=194512&wtEmId=95)

any blackberry forum members who purchase the game and send me an email with 'bberryforums' in the subject will get a free preview of the next game in a month or two. any feedback would also be welcome,

thanks for your time,
jon
( sundara.uk@<hidden> )

http://www.handango.com/include/pictures/1451591/spu001.jpeg

save2call
09-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I'd like a trial version.. please send me info on how to obtain this.

Thanks

save2call

jfisher
09-08-2006, 09:55 AM
there is no trial of this game. more info on handango. my current hiscore is 111000 if anyone would like to attempt to beat that.

idealist
09-08-2006, 10:24 AM
It would be nice if there was a trial period of at least 3 days, I am very uncomfortable with items that I can't try or see. Not giving people the option to try-before-you-buy isn't a great consumer move (not insulting you at all just my opinion). In the future if you want more support of your games, try sending them to some of the administrators or moderators for review. They have great credibility on these forums and can help us make informed decisions about whats being offered.

Good luck

jfisher
09-08-2006, 11:04 AM
i agree with where you're coming from, for level based games this would work fine, it's the model idsoftware championed years ago with wolfenstein, doom and then quake, they gave 3 levels for free and the rest when you purchased, but for a purely skill based game like this it's difficult to create a version that lets the user experience the gameplay but at the same time limits it's use in some way, the game increases in difficulty over time, speed increases until the gameplay becomes very frentic (the best thing about it), the missile patterns change, it's completely skill based with the aim of beating the hiscore - but this 'pure' gameplay element only come to play once the levels go up and things get 'hairy' - there'd be no way to convey this in a limited demo.

i had anticipated this issue but felt that after a couple of reviews (hopefully positive) - people would be more inclined to try it. i did send out some versions for testing and got some feedback which improved the game, next time i'll maybe advertise for 20 testers here who will receive a full game - that expires after a few days - for feedback and review.

having said that just how many decent games have you seen for the 8700? there aren't many, and most of them are simply shoddy ports of existing mobile java games. 10dollar/6pounds is a good price for what you get and i think this shows off what's possible with an 8700 better than most (if not all).

cheers for the words though, i'm taking it all on board.