PDA

View Full Version : Sync mail

freeloader12345
09-08-2006, 12:48 PM
OK i have a user who does not want to have the data plan. He currently syncs his mail with intellisync, then writes mail on the palm throught the day. He comes back to his office and syncs again sending the mail. Can i do this with his Berry? Is there any third party software that would allow this?

d_fisher
09-08-2006, 01:07 PM
If the user is already doing that with a Palm there is no reason to get a BlackBerry. Honestly, the Palm is a better PDA then the BlackBerry. If your not going to have a data plan the BlackBerry is no of much use.

finch
09-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately not, the BlackBerry does not sync email, just cal, contacts, notes and tasks. There is wireless sync or re-direction of email but you require a BlackBerry Data Package, BES and MS Exchange for such functionality.

freeloader12345
09-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys, thats pretty much what i told them. However i said i would look into it. We are buying everyone a Berry for cal, task, addr, and memo. So in the future we can add data and voice (its easier for me to get things approved once i have the hardware). But initially the users will have to pay themselves. some dont care others did.

Once again thanks for the quick responce. This site has a great wealth of knowledge, so big i dont have to post often.