PDA

View Full Version : Problems connecting 7130e to laptop

BenRaines
09-08-2006, 01:28 PM
I am trying to connect my 7130e to my laptop via USB cable.

But Desktop Manager will not connect...

I can get it to work with my wifes cheap Avartec.. But my HP says NO GO..

I have checked and done the following:

No docking station
NO USB hub

I have turned power management off on all root hubs in device manager

I have tried uninstalling, deleting the directory in "Program files" and resinstalling...

Once thing I notice when installing is:

When it gets to the communication port selection. The only port that is showing up is Comm3 and that is for the internal modem.

I click the detect communication port button but it never seems to find anything else.

The device manager recognizes the BlackBerry and it is under USB with no errors..

I have no Unknown Devices.....

I have tried Desktop Manager version that is on the CD and also the newest version 4.2...

Nothing seems to work and I am at the end of the road..

Any help, comments, or criticism is welcome..

packetknife
09-08-2006, 11:32 PM
XP? W2K? Have you succesfully used any USB mass storage device (e.g. thumb flash drive) on that HP? Do you have any policy compliance software that might be interfering with the driver discovery? When I'm trying to troubleshoot such a problem I start with 'regmon' and 'filemon' from Sysinternals (Sysinternals Freeware (http://www.sysinternals.com/)) to look for any odd file permission problems or conflicts.

Also, on one machine I found that the antivirus prevented the Blackberry from being discovered in a timely fashion. It would take upwards of three/four minutes until it would be found. The same behavior happened on USB thumb drives though so if you're problem isn't consistent across all USB devices I doubt it's be related.

Good luck, -Pk

BenRaines
09-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Windows XP Pro SP2 (Workgroup)
Have used several USB External Hard drives, USB Devices, thumb drives etc..

Disabled virus and all other software loaded..

Even created a new logon profile and still got no where

Tried every USB port on the laptop..

Thanks

Ben

XP? W2K? Have you succesfully used any USB mass storage device (e.g. thumb flash drive) on that HP? Do you have any policy compliance software that might be interfering with the driver discovery? When I'm trying to troubleshoot such a problem I start with 'regmon' and 'filemon' from Sysinternals to look for any odd file permission problems or conflicts.

Also, on one machine I found that the antivirus prevented the Blackberry from being discovered in a timely fashion. It would take upwards of three/four minutes until it would be found. The same behavior happened on USB thumb drives though so if you're problem isn't consistent across all USB devices I doubt it's be related.

Good luck, -Pk

packetknife
09-09-2006, 12:26 AM
You can look at futzing with Un sniffeur pour Windows 98, 98SE, 2000 et Windows XP (http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/) but I've never used it to try to troubleshoot a BB. Good luck, I can't think of anything else hands-off. Cheers, -Pk