PDA

View Full Version : 8100 MP3 Player? Compare to Walkman phones???

bikedogrun
09-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes ... still early days. I'm wondering if anyone with an advance 8100 has used the MP3 Player enough to provide a decent review?

How does it stack-up to the excellent Sony Ericsson Walkman phones like the W810i? Does it automatically read song id info and organize by Artist/Album/Track?

Are there any limitations (like the brain-dead MP3 Player in Samsung phones) about number of playlists or number of songs per playlist?

If I load-up a 1GB card with a few hundred songs, can I shuffle between all of the songs?

Is there an equalizer to set Mega-Bass or other styles?

Is there an external STEREO speaker on the 8100 for listening "without" headphones?

New to this forum ... appreciate your thought!

Thanks;
/BD 8-)

bikedogrun
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=bikedogrun]Yes ... still early days. I'm wondering if anyone with an advance 8100 has used the MP3 Player enough to provide a decent review?

Does it automatically read song id info and organize by Artist/Album/Track?

Are there any limitations about number of playlists or number of songs per playlist? If I load-up a 1GB card with a few hundred songs, can I shuffle between all of the songs?

Is there an equalizer to set Mega-Bass or other styles?

Is there an external STEREO speaker on the 8100 for listening "without" headphones?QUOTE]
BUMP!

come on, folks ... hasn't anyone tried out the MP3 player capabilities as yet? Please tell all :smile:

Lex Luthor
09-15-2006, 02:19 PM
-It does read the song name, artist and album name.

-Playlist wise... I've only loaded 2 cd's so far and when I go into my media folder I just select the folder for the cd then play all. So I can't comment on an actual playlist.

-There are no EQ settings

- You can listen to the songs without headphones if you wish.

nickbee
09-15-2006, 02:44 PM
FYI.. It shows album art also! You can play all the files in a folder (think play list) but you can not shuffle them. You need an adaptor to use a set of normal headphones (I have mins on order).

gk_jam
09-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Fast forward and rewind are not supported. This sucks for lengthy podcast files. If you accidentally stop a 1 hr podcast halfway through for example...

nickbee
09-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Fast forward and rewind are not supported. This sucks for lengthy podcast files. If you accidentally stop a 1 hr podcast halfway through for example...
Roller ball up to the slider. Click. Move it. Click again. Works like a champ!

gk_jam
09-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Roller ball up to the slider. Click. Move it. Click again. Works like a champ!

This does not work for me, and in 'Media' help -> 'Media Troubleshooting' it specifically says that fast forward and rewind are not supported.

If it indeed works for you I am quite intrigued. I can select the slider in the media player, but clicking it and rolling the ball left and right does nothing.

Lex Luthor
09-15-2006, 09:46 PM
It works for me.

nickbee
09-16-2006, 02:09 AM
This does not work for me, and in 'Media' help -> 'Media Troubleshooting' it specifically says that fast forward and rewind are not supported.

If it indeed works for you I am quite intrigued. I can select the slider in the media player, but clicking it and rolling the ball left and right does nothing.

Strange,, it works fine for me on both music and vid playback.

While a file is playing move your trackball up,, You’ll see the “slider bar” backing turn blue.

Click, you’ll see the moving slider turn blue.

Move it from left to right…

Click again to start playing from that point (maybe that's the step you are missing)…

Try it!

Another FYI… The media player supports ACC files (iTunes) but only ones you burn in yourself from CDs. Anything you purchased off iTunes will not play on the 8100! That kinda sucks!

brewrat
09-16-2006, 04:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Works well for me

flash24
09-16-2006, 05:10 AM
If I do get an 8100 to replace my 8700g.. I dont think i would really use the Mp3 player.

wlong995
09-16-2006, 05:50 AM

Just a thought, does playback have to be stopped to move the slider?

nickbee
09-16-2006, 10:32 AM
no, you can move the slider while it’s playing,, but it won’t play from that that point till you “click”

nickbee
09-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Here’s another FYI…

While your music is playing… Hit the menu key then hide. Now you can surf the web, play brick breaker, write a mail, what ever you want while you jam to your tunes. Make a call and the music stops, end the call and it picks up where it left off,,, Good Stuff!

Lexlevic
09-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know if its possible to listen to your mp3's in the media player on your 8100 through your bluetooth.

When I have my blutooth on and I'm listening to an mp3 via the speaker on the blackberry and a call comes in, once the call ends I hear the music through my bluetooth for about 2 seconds and then i can only hear it if I place the phone up to my ear. Is there a way to listen to music with your bluetooth headset. I have a motorolla 7100 bluetooth.

Lex Luthor
09-18-2006, 01:26 AM
^

The 8100 does not support A2DP so no.

Zro
09-18-2006, 12:11 PM
You need an adaptor to use a set of normal headphones (I have mins on order).

Hope the adaptor you ordered has 4 poles on it or you will only get Mono. The connectors for a mobile device with a stereo output and voice input are set in a way that when you just connect a stereo headset (no voice) you only make 2 of the 3 needed connections for stereo sound.

The flip is also true. If you have a 2.5 mm to 3.5mm adaptor, you may have stereo issues if your headset is voice enabled but your device is not (ROKR headphones into an iPod for example). But this way is not a definite. Sometimes it's stereo and sometimes it's mono.

Zro

I8UB4
09-27-2006, 07:26 PM
...You can play all the files in a folder (think play list) but you can not shuffle them.

You CAN shuffle the songs. Select a folder and hit menu. Choose "play all" or "play folder". The first song will start playing. Hit menu again and choose "shuffle".