PDA

View Full Version : Password Keeper and SureType

wkoning9
09-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Is anyone aware of a way to use password keeper and not have it revert all other applications back to multitap. It's frustrating trying to start an email and have it in multitap mode when not expecting it.

Thanks-

PS: I tried to search for an answer for a while so if I missed it don't tear me up.

DiRN
09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Whenever you place the cursor in a password field the unit will automatically enable Multitap, and then switch back to SureType when you leave the field.

wkoning9
09-10-2006, 10:33 PM
That's my question. Why doesn't the phone revert back to SureType mode after using password keeper?

rambo47
09-11-2006, 06:52 AM
That's just the way RIM set it up. In their infinite wisdom they decided that's the best way to get it done. No way around it, it's the default configuration. I've not seen an alternative yet.

DiRN
09-11-2006, 08:58 AM
If I understand the problem correctly, wkoning9's BB will always have Multitap enabled after exiting Password Keeper.

This sounds like a problem with the install of PK. I would suggest rebooting the BB first, and then removing PK and reinstalling it if you still have problems.

wkoning9
09-12-2006, 06:55 PM
If I understand the problem correctly, wkoning9's BB will always have Multitap enabled after exiting Password Keeper.

This sounds like a problem with the install of PK. I would suggest rebooting the BB first, and then removing PK and reinstalling it if you still have problems.

DiRN you do correctly understand what it's doing. I attempted the reboot and it continues to stay in multitap after exiting PK.
Will romoval/reinstall wipe out my existing passwords? I do regularly backup so if this is the case I would assume there has to be a way to recover them?

DiRN
09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
As long as Password Keeper is part of your backup you will be able to restore the records.

old_shakopee
09-14-2006, 12:24 AM
I did a full back up before upgraded the software on my 7290 to 4.1 version (option->advanced options->applications shows me 4.1 as the version for most of the installed apps including password keeper). I have also instaled desktop manager 4.1.0.8 on the PC.

Now when I try to do full restore, the desktop manager won't restore the password keeper data. I tried to use Advanced button. As soon as I pick Password Keeper from the backup (shows 60 entries in it), the RIGHT arrow grays out. It won't allow me to restore!!!

Can anyone help? I didn't anticipate such pain when I upgraded.

Jesser66
09-15-2006, 04:10 PM
I have the same problem with my 7100i BB. Is there not a way to restore password keeper?

old_shakopee
09-21-2006, 07:02 PM
I found this article. I will try it tonight.

We had an issue with Password Keeper on our Blackberrys where we had done a backup of the entire Blackberry handheld and wiped the data clean off the device. We had also, due to some troubleshooting issues, had removed the user from the server. We found we could not restore the Password Keeper entries back onto the device. We had two separate solutions:

1) Go into Password Keeper and select Options from the menu and turn off Wireless Synchronization. At this point you can restore the entries. Then turn the Wireless Synchronization back on.

2) We tried to do the same thing on another device, but Wireless Synchronization wasnít an option. RIM had us go into the Options from the main screen and go into Service Books and delete the Desktop [SYNC] service. Once that was done, you cn restore the entries. Then go back into Service Books and choose Undelete.

The Desktop [SYNC] service deals with all the synchronization of calendar items, memo items, etc. If you have any issues restoring and donít have Wireless Synchronization as an option, try deleting the service book, restoring the items and then undeleting the service book.

old_shakopee
09-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Looks like the Sync Wireless setting was the problem.

mtrexler
09-29-2006, 06:58 PM
I've lost my password for Password Keeper (never really used it) and need to reinstall the program. I cannot figure out where to download Password Keeper from? Any chance you can point me in the right direction?