PDA

View Full Version : another question (sorry, I'm going to be a pest tonight)

abbyroad
09-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm so excited to have my new Blackberry so I apologize if I have a ton of questions while I'm setting it up. I've never done this before so I'm glad to have everyone's help.

So I first turned on my 8700c with the SIM card and the battery in. Good.

Then I went online and set up BIS. I thought that this would sign me up for BB service but all it did was ask for some numbers off my BB and then set up my email. OK.

So then I called Cingular and had them add the Blackberry Personal Plan to my account. Done.

But now only the phone works. It says "Data connection refused" at the top of the main screen. Does it just take a while for it to kick in? How long do I wait before calling Cingular to get it straightened out? Also, there's no web browser icon on the main screen. Does that only show up after the data connection is fixed?

Spamdumpster
09-08-2006, 07:57 PM
The web browser will show up only after the data connection problem is fixed. Call Cingular customer service at 800-304-3044. Have the make sure that the BB plan is added to your account. They should be able to fix the problem.

abbyroad
09-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks. Also, does the BB Personal Plan from Cingular include internet, too, or just email access? I'm on the phone right now and the person isn't really too clear about it.

jsuen
09-08-2006, 11:02 PM
It includes the built-in Internet browser. Also, give Cingular a day... it's common to get sim card rejected and data connection refused for the first 24 hours.

Stinsonddog
09-09-2006, 12:09 AM
Also check out my tips doc so you get started in the right direction.