PDA

View Full Version : charging the battery

supercreator
09-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I just bought a Blackberry 8700g and I should like to know how much time, more or less, should i charge the battery, the first time i do that?

supercreator
09-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Forgive me for this rather trivial question, but how do I know if battery is charging, in the BB 8700g? Should the notification LED always be red and on, while the battery is charging? I am sorry but i am a bit confused...

roofus
09-09-2006, 11:05 AM
These batteries are good and easily managed. Charge it for 3-4 hours the first time then as needed. Some people will tell you to drain the battery completely the first few times. That is incorrect; these batteries do best when they have at least a partial charge.

Workingmen
09-09-2006, 11:13 AM
The battery symbol in the display screen should have a lightening bolt in it if it is charging.

supercreator
09-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Well, it's the first time that i am trying to charge the battery (i got my BB yesterday) and the display screen is blank, no life signs so far. What happens if that as soon as I do insert the power cable to the BB, the notification LED becomes red for a few seconds and then nothing seems to happen. Is it ok? And should I wait some 3 or 4 hours before i see something on the display screen? Pardon me but I am pretty confused..

Pizzle
09-09-2006, 02:31 PM
That's pretty typical. If it's been charging for a bit, you can press and hold the power button and turn the unit on.

supercreator
09-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Sholud the BB display turn on automatically as soon as the battery is charged? It's strange, because it's been in charging for more than a few hours but nothing seems to happen. If i connect it to the power source without the battery inside, i can see the image of "mising battery" on the display, but if the battery is in, I can't see anything. Kinda strange. Any guess, suggestions on what to do? May the battery be defective, or it this a very rare occurrence? Thanx.

MrKyoo
09-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Merged.

~MrKyoo

supercreator
09-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Sorry but I am really confused at this point... who can give me an advice ?I don't know what to do at this time... it's almost 6 hours that it's charging but i can't see the display on, is it ok? no life signs from the BB, apart from the fact that when I try to charge it without the battery the display shows the "missing battery" signal.

Should I check if the battery is ok?

No Longer Registered.
09-10-2006, 11:50 AM
That is strange alright! If you are charging your battery with your BB off, the yellow/green LED should keep on blinking. When it is fully charged, the LED should automatically turn off.

I believe there is a problem with your unit and you should have it checked by the people or store you got your unit from.

It shouldn't take 6 hours to charge your BlackBerry. So I would suggest to go to your local store (if you purchased your item online) and have them check it. Bring all necessary paperwork like receipt and proof of delivery to show date of receipt or shipment to justify that it is in fact brand new when you received it. That should not pose a problem. UNLESS..... you bought it from eBay :-(

Now that would the a problem.

Good luck!

supercreator
09-10-2006, 12:09 PM
couldn't it be the battery, that is defective? so why does the display turn on, to indicate that the battery is out? if it were a dead display, it shouldnt turn on in that case either, what do you think? i am not saying that it's not defective, i still hope that it is the battery, that doesn't work.

JSanders
09-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Wait, either I missed it or you never clearly stated if you actually powered the unit to ON. Have you done so, by actually holding down the power button?

??

supercreator
09-11-2006, 09:42 AM
yes, but nothing happens. the only moment i see something on the display is when the BB is connected to the power source, without the battery. then the image of "no battery" shows up on the display. and yes, i bought it from ebay. is there still any hope that this is a battery problem?

bully
09-11-2006, 10:01 AM
I own a blackberry 8700g , it`s ok but the battery stop after two-three days on work ( in gprs mode , yes ? ) ..what`s happened ? in device manual description ( copy after the mobile provider in my country - Romania ), the battery shows in stand by 16 days and in talk time 4 hours..?? I use normally ( little check the email , not used phone ) and he`s blackout after 3 days ??

supercreator
09-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Some hope: a friend of mine tested the battery with a tester and discovered that it's working only at 2 volts rather than the supposed 3,7. Do you think that the problem might be this one? Should i try with a new battery? Thx.

JSanders
09-13-2006, 02:53 PM
a different battery is definately worth the try.