PDA

View Full Version : will TMobile......

SoCal Cingular
09-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Will tmobile sell this phone without contract the day is comes out?

noeffectx
09-09-2006, 01:03 PM
i would say yes. but make sure you have alteast $600

SoCal Cingular
09-09-2006, 01:04 PM
you think the retail price will be $600? i have heard anything from $300- 450 never $600 retail. expecially locked to tombile.

noeffectx
09-09-2006, 01:11 PM
i said $600 just to make sure you have enough. they will never sell this 8100 under $300 without contract, unless you got friends who works for tmo store.

thejlw
09-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Someone on HowardForums quoted the non-contract price as $329...

rambo47
09-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I just came back from a T-Mobile store in New Jersey. The rep said that sure, they'll sell one without a contract. Price should be around $400 full retail. Interestingly, he said they weren't even supposed to have the non-working demo units on display. He pulled one out of a locked drawer to show me but insisted they're sworn to secrecy about the 8100 until it officially goes on sale Tuesday. No putting aside, reserving units, none of that.

SoCal Cingular
09-09-2006, 01:28 PM
$329 is too cheap. i honestly doubt that the price will be that low. 399 is the lowest i think. can the 8100 be unlocked yet? i have heard yes and i have heard NO. does anyone know what is the truth? thanks,
eric

nickbee
09-09-2006, 02:57 PM
I just came back from a T-Mobile store in New Jersey. The rep said that sure, they'll sell one without a contract. Price should be around $400 full retail. Interestingly, he said they weren't even supposed to have the non-working demo units on display. He pulled one out of a locked drawer to show me but insisted they're sworn to secrecy about the 8100 until it officially goes on sale Tuesday. No putting aside, reserving units, none of that.

Rambo, which store?

Pizzle
09-09-2006, 04:22 PM
$329 is too cheap. i honestly doubt that the price will be that low. 399 is the lowest i think. can the 8100 be unlocked yet? i have heard yes and i have heard NO. does anyone know what is the truth? thanks,
eric

There is NO way for them to unlock it. Tmobile COULD, if you're a good-standing customer. However, if you're a Cingular customer, which you are, there's no way they'll do it.

The only other solution is to have a 3rd party unlocker do it. They won't have that ability for weeks.

There is NO way to get an unlocked 8100 on the day it comes out if you're not a TMO customer.

kwang98131
09-09-2006, 04:42 PM
from what i understood when i went in to TMO.. they said this phone will be strictly a corporate store product for the first few weeks/months and then the independent stores will have it.. problem is TMO corporate stores will NOT sell any phones out right without a contract the guy told me. :-o

Ninjatek
09-09-2006, 04:47 PM
There is NO way for them to unlock it. Tmobile COULD, if you're a good-standing customer. However, if you're a Cingular customer, which you are, there's no way they'll do it.

The only other solution is to have a 3rd party unlocker do it. They won't have that ability for weeks.

There is NO way to get an unlocked 8100 on the day it comes out if you're not a TMO customer.

Totally correct,
If you have been with TMobile for 90 days and are in good standing, (all paid up) you can request a Subsidy unlock code. The request goes to the Manufacturer of the device then they email that back to Tmo and then they get in touch with you with the info.

Also @<hidden>, The info you were given was incorrect and either that store has a different policy in place per the manager or the dude you were talking to was a dick who only wants to make cash on activations. You are fully allowed to purchase a phone for retail price, for some of us it's the only option since we are unable to sign contracts according to our current plans with tmo (I.e. employee plans)

rambo47
09-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Rambo, which store?

I'll be waiting (not so) patiently at the East Hanover store on Route 10.