PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Exchange with TMobile

VickyPaz
09-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey folks,

One of my letter keys is starting to go dead so I called TM and after determining it wasn't a problem they could fix, decided to send me another BB 8700g via the warranty exchange. Should get within a few days.

Was wondering if anyone else has had to do this (assume someone has) and what condition their new/refurnished BB came in? I really don't want to part with my phone but if there's a key not working, can't have that.

Also, didn't realize one had to pay for the shipping on exchange phone. Do you also have to pay for return shipping too? Should have asked these questions to TM but just don't feel like calling them back again.

No Longer Registered.
09-10-2006, 11:43 AM
I've been with Tmo for more than 4 years now and never have I been charged for replacement phones. You should call them back and tell them that a friend of yours did have his/her phone replaced and was never charged for shipping it to her/him.

That is supposed to be part of their service and they should not charge for it. They only charge for upgrades and not replacement.

jctalley@gmail.com
09-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I had a problem with my tMobile 8700 a few weeks ago and had a warranty exchange. I did have to pay for shipping to my house, but the shipping back to tmobile was prepaid.

As far as the replacement ... looks brand new. No problems at all.

mymitsu3kgt
09-10-2006, 07:15 PM
The warranty replacement should be in perfect condition like it came from the store. The shipping charge is a recent change to their policy. I *****ed up and down about the charge last time I needed a return, but they said that's how it's going to be now.

VickyPaz
09-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks guys (and girl:). This makes me feel a little better. I should get by Wednesday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

drgoodtymes
09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
T-Mobile started charging for shipping on replacements about 6 months ago, however if you have the insurance plan, then they won't charge you for the shipping of your replacement device

Gmouth
09-11-2006, 03:31 PM
don't send anything but the device back, you can use all the other stuff as spares.