PDA

View Full Version : BES/TMOBILE/MAILSTREET RANT

Shap
03-09-2005, 12:33 PM
How much fricking money do I have to throw away just to get my damn email/calender to sync with outlook? First its the mail street email account for $9.95, then its the blackberry server activation for $40 plus 9.95 a month, now that I did all that it still doesn't work so I call mailstreet, only to find out I now have to pay Tmobile $9.95 a month for what I don't know, just so they can flip a switch and allow to me access a BES.

What a rip, on my sidekick all of this was free and easy. I could just go online and update my calender for FREE and it would instantly update my phone... That's all I need. I think i'm going to cancel all of this, its a rip to pay $360 a year plus

Sorry, just upset about how this is all turning out.

roccitman
03-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Shap--

[Stupid question] Why do you need BES? Why would BWC not work?

Shap
03-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Not a stupid question, last time I checked there was no calender? Am I wrong?

roccitman
03-09-2005, 01:08 PM
If you mean a shared calendar then no, no dice. If you mean a mirror of what you have on your personal outlook then yes. I have Contacts, tasks, notes, and calendar.

rcg
03-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Well maybe the BlackBerry isn't for you...

If you just wanted the sync feature not the "hosted Exchange account" you could have gone to myblackberry.us for 9.95 mo (no setup fee) and use the Hosted BES - I use it and works just fine.

Which blackberry plan do you have from Tmo? I use the 59.99 unlimted/1000 voice minutes and it does not require any additional TMO service for 9.95 to use the BES.

Shap
03-09-2005, 01:31 PM
All I want is for my assistant or me to be able to schedule appointments on a calender online or on our computers and have it sync with my phone so I can see the appointments from where ever I am and to be able to receive all my emails. I really do not require anything difficult, but all of the option I have found to do what I want seem to make it that way.

Shap
03-09-2005, 01:36 PM
Oh, I have the 1500 minutes plus unlimited date plan.

roccitman
03-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Sounds like you just want to sync your 7100 with Outlook using BWC and the Intellisync that comes with the desktop manager. Would that not work (thinking I'm missing something here)?

rcg
03-09-2005, 02:26 PM
I understand what you want SHAP... youre on the right track but you happen to pick the premium priced service (mailstreet) to do it.

Your Assisitant can configure an Outlook desktop client or use OWA (Outlook Web Access) to access your exchnge BES account to do exactly what you need to.

I'm not a tmo price plan expert but as I said the extra 9.95 to them shouldn't need to happen.

So other than price (on your setup) is it working or not?

teskew
03-23-2005, 01:48 AM
RCG, what is the link....I went to myblackberry.us and it took me to myblueberry...is that the right webaddress?

jibi
03-23-2005, 05:47 AM
thats correct.