PDA

View Full Version : Dm 4.2

fizz
09-11-2006, 11:47 AM
whats all the hype about 4.2? Has anyone tried this for the 7130e (Sprint)?

MrKyoo
09-11-2006, 11:59 AM
whats all the hype about 4.2? Has anyone tried this for the 7130e (Sprint)?The hype?
New in this release
• Added the Media Manager tool, which is available for use with BlackBerry devices with version 4.2 or later of the BlackBerry device software. This tool allows you to transfer files between your computer and your BlackBerry® device's internal memory or optional media card external memory. File management of the internal and external memory is also supported, allowing you to browse, add, delete, copy, rename and view non-system files and folders on your BlackBerry device. A Switch Media Card Wizard has also been added to the Media Manager that allows you to transfer data from one media card to another.
For more information about video and audio files that your BlackBerry device supports, or for information about converting video or audio files to a supported format, visit http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...ction=brows e to read article KB-05419.

~MrKyoo

d_fisher
09-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Has anyone tried this for the 7130e (Sprint)?Desktop Manager 4.2 will work just fine with any existing BlackBerry. Granted, you can not take advantage of most of the new features, they require handheld software 4.2.

fizz
09-11-2006, 12:14 PM
thanks guys.

tombaby
09-11-2006, 02:27 PM
when is the handheld software due ? does anyone know ..... and nextel probably wont have it !!!

rambo47
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
It's due tomorrow on the Pearl for T-Mobile. That is most likely the debut, and for now at least, the only place to get it.

tombaby
09-11-2006, 03:01 PM
It's due tomorrow on the Pearl for T-Mobile. That is most likely the debut, and for now at least, the only place to get it.
so adding 4.2 desktop is just a waste then ?

rambo47
09-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I guess it's on a case-by-case basis. You almost certainly won't get full use of all the features without the handheld OS on your device, but you might be able to use it. I seem to recall that having the Desktop Software that does not match the handheld software was problematic.

tombaby
09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I guess it's on a case-by-case basis. You almost certainly won't get full use of all the features without the handheld OS on your device, but you might be able to use it. I seem to recall that having the Desktop Software that does not match the handheld software was problematic.
ty... it is, it keeps erasing my yahoo messenger off