PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get google maps to work. Please Help!

mwroobel
09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi all. I have all my other apps working. Piconews, Ramble, Opera, Google Talk etc. unfortunately, when I start google maps it complains I don't have a network connection. I have tried removing and reinstalling to no avail. Does anyone have any other ideas? 8700c on Cingular.

PaCharger
09-11-2006, 03:05 PM
you need to click on the ALL HTTP Connects

PaCharger
09-11-2006, 03:06 PM
reinstall the app, then select RUN, it will give you a connect option prompt
Google Maps (http://www.google.com/gmm)

snowskier79
09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Mwrooble-
Welcome to the forums!

A battery pull or hard reset will usually solve most of your problems!

the_evil_entity
09-12-2006, 08:16 AM
If you are on a BES, there is most likely a policy preventing google maps. Good luck getting your BES admin to change the policy...depending on where the BES router is (DMZ) you may be creating a "bridge" between the corporate network and the public internet. Not something that the security team will like....

:razz:

marknti
09-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Hi all. I have all my other apps working. Piconews, Ramble, Opera, Google Talk etc. unfortunately, when I start google maps it complains I don't have a network connection. I have tried removing and reinstalling to no avail. Does anyone have any other ideas? 8700c on Cingular.

marknti
09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I had the same prob...here is non-techy way I solved my prob...make sure you have the .com in your url...it took me two hours of doing all the things everyone one else had mentioned and finally one of my cube mates noticed the lack of the .com in my url...Good luck