PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Mgr 4.2 Fails as soon as BB is connected

mmyers2
09-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Been using desktop mgr 4.1. Upgraded to the new 4.2 (reloaded several times). I plug in my 8700C and it connects for about 2 seconds and then desktop manager fails. Windows error message screen says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtume Error!
Program: ..........\desktopMgr.exe
abnormal program termination

Reinstall 4.1 - - works great. Install 4.2....not so great :(

Thoughts, comments, SOLUTIONS, ideas??????

THANKS!!!

bjchantry
09-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Almost everything I have read about Desktop 4.2 is that it is optimized/designed around the Pearl, multimedia etc. Even if you get it installed and try to use those functions you will get an error telling you that the handheld OS need to be 4.2. which doesn't exist right now except on the Pearl. I think you are better off staying with 4.1 based on all the threads and comments I have been reading, probably not what you want to hear, but the least painful.?

MarcoGenovese
09-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Where did you get the 4.2 desktop manager?

Pizzle
09-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Where did you get the 4.2 desktop manager?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/45997-rim-has-posted-desktop-4-2-a.html

RIM lacky
09-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Do you have auto-sync turned on? If so, I bet it's crashing trying to sync something. EVERYTIME i've seen this, it's caused by a corrupt Intellisync folder. Delete it from here: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry. Make sure DTM is closed first, delete the Intellisync folder, re-open and try to connect your BlackBerry.

BTW, I run DTM 4.2 with my 7290 and it works fine, and it's not even a public release version.

paulmac
09-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Been using desktop mgr 4.1. Upgraded to the new 4.2 (reloaded several times). I plug in my 8700C and it connects for about 2 seconds and then desktop manager fails. Windows error message screen says:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtume Error!
Program: ..........\desktopMgr.exe
abnormal program termination

Reinstall 4.1 - - works great. Install 4.2....not so great :(

Thoughts, comments, SOLUTIONS, ideas??????

THANKS!!!

I too got errors ther first couple of times I connected my 8700, but now it appears to work fine. 8-)