PDA

View Full Version : So long 7100i, hello 8700g

sandman2nd
09-12-2006, 01:42 AM
So, today I ordered an 8700g from Amazon.com today and I am super excited.

I have been slowly putting it off to see the 8100 but after much consideration, I could care less about a crappy 1.3mp camera and an mp3/video player. I have an awesome digital camera and an 5th gen iPod. I would never drain my cell battery just to listen to some music or snap a pic of a retarded sign i saw...

the 8700g just seems like the best option. The only thing I am concerned with is not being able to use it as an edge modem with my MacBook Pro. I've been reading posts all day and it seems there is no real solution (am i wrong?) to tethering a macbook pro to an 8700g. oh well.

thursday it comes. i cant wait. im gonna do some forum searching for case recommendations but if anyone wants to post their fav case for their 8700g, that would be cool.

J3LuvsTech
09-12-2006, 02:41 AM
I got my blackberry 8700g from Amazon today (49.99) cant beat the price. If you find anything interesting as you are going throughout websites for info on the phone post it and let me know...I need help with finding free ringtone sites and anything else for the phone ...I am a new Blackberry user all together so your help would be appreciated

I know you cant wait till it arrives !!!

O and check out the bluetooth headset 32.95 all black Motorola I ordered that today one day shipping will be here 2mrw ...first time bluetooth user too well see how this goes :)

flash24
09-12-2006, 02:41 AM
YaY!! congrats!!

sandman2nd
09-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I got my blackberry 8700g from Amazon today (49.99) cant beat the price. If you find anything interesting as you are going throughout websites for info on the phone post it and let me know...I need help with finding free ringtone sites and anything else for the phone ...I am a new Blackberry user all together so your help would be appreciated

I know you cant wait till it arrives !!!

O and check out the bluetooth headset 32.95 all black Motorola I ordered that today one day shipping will be here 2mrw ...first time bluetooth user too well see how this goes :)

I have used Mobilecityonline.com in the past and they have always been great as far as decent prices and fast shipping. I had the Cabriolet Krusell case for my 7100i (the open face one without the flap) and I love it. Not a bad case for $20 either.

pulrang
09-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I came to the same conclusion on the 8100 - more of a toy than a tool. I am liking the 8700 and also found out about BES express when I bought it - very cool to have an Enterprise server to work with as opposed to the rigged setup I had before with my 7105.

Wish I could say the same about what I paid - had to do the upgrade directly through tmob...

Enjoy!

sandman2nd
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I came to the same conclusion on the 8100 - more of a toy than a tool. I am liking the 8700 and also found out about BES express when I bought it - very cool to have an Enterprise server to work with as opposed to the rigged setup I had before with my 7105.

Wish I could say the same about what I paid - had to do the upgrade directly through tmob...

Enjoy!

Word. I think what really changed my mind about it was someone in the 8100 forums said something along the lines of, "it took RIM 3 years to add a camera and media player" and then Boy Genius saying it was freezing/locking up. 3 years of R&D and it locks up? no thank you. At least I have used the 8700g and have read that its a damn solid bb. I hope it wont be too difficult getting my stuff over from my 7100i to my 8700g with my macbook pro.

itsj
09-12-2006, 07:12 PM
glad you like cant wait for mine

jddphd
09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
I made the same switch and there's not a day that goes by that I regret it. I'm much happier with the 8700/

sandman2nd
09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
So I just received my 8700g in the mail yesterday and have been playing with it almost nonstop since then. It is just awesome. I am soo happy with my switch from the 7100i.

So, I bought the bestskinever and I hope it comes soon. I have been using the OEM included hoslter and I kinda like it but I really want a leather case. So I have been spending about 75% of my online time looking for a good deal on a good case but have come up short.

So now I am looking for a decent deal on a good case... Well, I found this site:

Blackberry 8700g Signature Series Flip Case: Blackberry 8700g Accessories (http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PSI-14968&Category_Code=blackberry_8700g_accessories&Product_Count=20)

They have a latchless flap leather case for $50 plus shipping which is $4.29 via First Class USPS. I was wondering if anyone had this case or has purchased a case from them in the past. (I searched and couldn't find anything posted about them previously.)