PDA

View Full Version : 8100-T-Mobile & Hotmail

croz68
09-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Does the 8100 and/or T-Mobile not support Hotmail?? I tried to set it up but it did not work. I ported from Cingular and had no problems using my 8700 and Hotmail.

Thanks guys.

secrecyguy
09-12-2006, 06:10 PM
You mean using your e-mail on your Blackberry to access Hotmail?

Microsoft stop having people to setup e-mail on their computer to access Hotmail because of Spammers. If you were a long time user of Hotmail before the policy changes, you may still be able to do it but I don't know how.

Now if you talking about accessing Hotmail with your web browser on 8100, you should be able to view it.

I don't have 8100 yet but there might be a setting to emulate different browesers on your Blackberry. You may want to change the settings for it.

If there's no such settings than I have no idea how.

rjw3000
09-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I have T-Mo and it doesn't seem to allow setup for push mail like yahoo, gmail, etc. I have to go to mobile.msn.com to get my hotmail on the BB. I believe some people can get Hotmail like secrecyguy was saying, but I myself can't.

Primetimez28
09-13-2006, 11:17 PM
I just setup my Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL accounts on my Pearl... but Hotmail will not work.
I am going to google the crap out of this, but the only thing I saw so far was using Hotmail PLUS for $20/year. If that is the only way... goodbye Hotmail!

brianlamar
09-13-2006, 11:20 PM
Its not possible. Hotmail uses httpmail which is not compatible with alot of applications, even most computer mail programs. You need to download a hack for hotmail to be forwarded to your computer mail program. I'm sure hotmail will not work on the blackberry.

rambo47
09-13-2006, 11:23 PM
I thought I read in one of these thread that T-Mobile did not have an agreement with Microsoft over Hotmail so it's not supported. I also read that Cingular users could get POP access to their hotmail but not Yahoo for the same reason. No agreement between the two companies. It could just be a matter of paying for the premium account to be able to POP your mail however.

flash24
09-13-2006, 11:37 PM
i can't get hotmail to work either..

Primetimez28
09-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Here's what I get when I try to setup Hotmail..

croz68
09-14-2006, 12:26 AM
T-Mobile tech support told me that if you have a Hotmail Plus account (which I do) that you should be able to go into Hotmail and set up a rule to have it forwarded to your T-Mobile BB email address and it will then be forwarded to your device. Only problem is I can't find where to set up the rule on Hotmail.

Primetimez28
09-14-2006, 01:25 AM
GetMail 3.25 is suposed to forward hotmail for free.
You can find it on ww.download.com
Here's how to setup the SMTP for Hotmail...
ww.e-eeasy.com/SMTPServerList.aspx

Anyone use this software?
It's free, but is it worth it?

baobab77
09-14-2006, 01:27 PM
If you're on Mac you can try Mail Forward. It works with Hotmail and MSN accounts.

djpeseo2k5
08-06-2007, 04:19 AM
1.Sign in to MyT-Mobile.com and click on “Communication Tools.”

2. Scroll down to the Email section and click “learn more.”

3. Locate the blackberry section and click “Set up BlackBerry e-mail”

4. Go to the “Add An Existing Email Account” section and click “Setup Account”

5. Enter your hotmail email address and password.

Once you click next, your account will be ready to forward hotmail to your blackberry client. Well I hope this helps! Happy Emailing :D

bijoupele
08-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Does the 8100 and/or T-Mobile not support Hotmail?? I tried to set it up but it did not work. I ported from Cingular and had no problems using my 8700 and Hotmail.

Thanks guys.

I have had no problems setting up my Hotmail on my Pearl. I didn't have to go to Hotmail or T-Mobile to do it or anything...it worked just fine setting it up on my Pearl.

mr.gadget
08-06-2007, 02:09 PM

Once you click next, your account will be ready to forward hotmail to your blackberry client. Well I hope this helps! Happy Emailing :D

thats exactly what i did

bdublz
08-12-2007, 11:35 PM
I switched my hotmail account to the windows live version and I have been able to read my msgs on my 8100. Log on to mobile.msn.com and sign in; you might get a blank screen after you log in. Just hit the refresh button and your inbox should pop up. I also don't have ny problems pushing my mail to the 8100 since I swithched to windows live

CCK01
11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Do we need phone service on the BB in order to get it?

TheBigNewt
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Do we need phone service on the BB in order to get it?
I think all you need is a data plan. Of course you'll pay more for data without a voice plan, but it is available.

memblackberryuser
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
I use Windows Live, and I've been a long-time user of Hotmail, and pay the $20/yr fee. (I will quit paying when the next bill comes around and switch to G-Mail). However - I have no problems with hotmail pushing to my 8100. It works flawlessly.

Note: It did not work last year. One day, I just decided to set it up, and it started working this year.

Michbb
11-19-2007, 09:58 PM
This is what I end up with:

Access to Hotmail® now requires a subscription email account, you must first enable Outlook or Outlook Express access within Hotmail.
To enable Outlook or Outlook Express access within Hotmail, click here to open Hotmail's support page and follow the instructions. Once you have enabled Outlook or Outlook Express access to your Hotmail account, return to this page.
"Hotmail" is the registered trademark of Hotmail, Inc. All rights are reserved to its owner.

sjprice27
12-07-2007, 03:49 PM
This was from a previous post, but it worked for me...

JSanders
12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
That does work on Hotmail Plus or MSN Plus. That does not work with the new free Hotmail or MSN accounts.

zimbu1234
12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Easy solution: Cancel hotmail and move to gmail. Hotmail, Live or whatever it is called is such a horrible service. Interface sucks and it can't block spam if its life depended on it.

mriggers99
12-31-2007, 11:07 PM
I just bought the pearl three days ago and went through the icon thats sets up email. Added email address and password and bam ...it works fine.

Didnt do anything special!