PDA

View Full Version : separating sent and recieved SMS?

pspiegel
09-12-2006, 07:58 PM
is there a way to separate your sent and recieved SMS into a "sent" folder and an "inbox" just for the text messages? it makes it somewhat confusing to have them all in one inbox.. is there a way to make them separate? Thanks!

sas1
09-12-2006, 09:46 PM
The only way I know of is while your in the SMS folder, click the trackwheel and go under options. Then put hide sent messages to yes. Then it will not show your sent messages in the inbox and to view the sent messages go into the view folder option.

pspiegel
09-13-2006, 04:22 AM
Thanks, also, is there a way to make it so that your emails do not go into the Text Message Inbox (they go in there as well as the email mailbox)? I want to keep Texts and Emails completely separate if possible...

dubweiser
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm curious about this also. Anyone have any suggestions?
Does it do it by default (I don't have my 8700 yet, its at work)???

blackberrycool.com/wp-content/zen_theme_02.jpg

This picture has them seperated? (cant insert link because i have less then 10 posts)

pspiegel
09-14-2006, 02:56 AM
it would be nice to have two separate folders... does anyone know how to do this somehow?

dubweiser
09-15-2006, 07:49 AM
anyone?

Stinsonddog
09-15-2006, 07:56 AM
No can do, but you can set up really short and quick filters to show just one or the other and switch back and forth rather quickly. See my tips docs on setting up filtered searches. I use Alt-T for sent email. You can do the same with SMS etc.

kitmoni
09-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (Thumpers 8700c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Actually, I asked about this on another thread, because I want the opposite.

When I upgraded my 8700c to Telstra (and later Bharti), then moved to the Zen theme (I'm on BB Dimension Zen), my SMS and Email messages automatically got separated. I was wondering if this was a setting issue because I would actually like them to be combined. I'll provide a screenshot later when I'm back at the office, but my SMS messages are sent and received from an entirely separate folder from my emails (didn't think about this, but I'm BES connected, maybe that is why). I also have separate notification icons for an incoming SMS versus an Email.

Pizzle
09-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Indeed. There are a couple themes that separate them. Vodafone's usually do, as well as the ever-popular Zen theme.

kitmoni
09-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Here is a screen shot of my home screen showing the two different folders.
[edit] -- the two folders with the red asterisk are the messages and sms folders, respectively.